Flying Saucer

705 Main Street, Houston, TX, USA

Flying Saucer Houston Reviews

Rokerij Rokerij
200 Beers, the Wurst Food Oct 13, 2011
Their menu says they have the wurst food, obviously short for bratwurst, which they have and do it well.

The entire purpose of this place is beer. 200 selections of bottled or draft all categorized in one menu. The place is packed all of the time, so expect to wait for a seat.

The food was delicious and the beers were good. One thing to keep in mind is that India Pale Ales in texas are not similar to the ones in Canada. In texas they are strong, and taste strong with a pungent hoppy flavor that I personally thought made it extremely bitter. In Canada the beer is as strong, but tastes so much smoother.

They have a website where you can register and then list off the beers you've drank as you drink them. Once you've been through the entire menu you get a ring. It is nice having goals that revolve around beer drinking.
Jhutch Jhutch
Too popular May 21, 2011
The beer selection is incredible - they don't have every beer, but they've got a hell of a lot of them.

The service is good - friendly waitstaff with varying degrees of beer knowledge. Some of them aren't too familiar with the menu, but they're always quick to bring you what you've ordered.

Now for the problem - it's too popular. I don't like loud crowded places, and this is 110% of both.
neutrinodeathray neutrino…
Good beer place Mar 09, 2010
Nothing wrong with this place although it's not really my thing. Huge selection of beers on tap and reasonable service. I don't know what the food is like but the beer is good :).

Related Travel Blogs About Flying Saucer

Texas Stereotypes = False
I flew into Houston during a downpour, the turbulence was intense to the point of one lady screaming. I am typically a great flier, but even I had the "death grip" on my seat. This wasn't your typica…Houston was that southern comfort foods we weren't used to seeing. We were so close to the flying saucer

Check Houston Hotel Deals