Flying Pig Uptown

Check Amsterdam Hotel Deals

Flying Pig Uptown Amsterdam Reviews

tombom07 tombom07
Highly recommended hostel in Amsterdam Jan 14, 2013
I stayed at the Flying Pig Uptown in Amsterdam for three nights. The staff were so friendly & helpful, which is the first thing I think of when I remember my experience there.

I rented a laptop a few times over my stay & was often undercharged. I guess I shouldn't really be advertising that, but small tokens of kindness such as that one really mean a lot. It's the little things that count!

The staff were all very cool & willing to help out if I had any questions, & never seemed to mind going out of their way. The hostel also has a friendly cat that kept me company in the bar one night! The bar itself had the feel of a local pub; busy, warm, relaxing, cheap drinks & an overall good atmosphere. There was also a smoking room for smoking anything that's legal in Amsterdam!

I stayed in a 10-bed dorm. My bed was very comfortable, the room was clean, warm, there was a wash basin, & also locker cages underneath the beds. Downstairs at reception/the bar was also a safe deposit. A very decent free breakfast was served every morning in the bar area. The toilets in the hostel were clean enough & well-maintained.

The building was secure & quite centrally located although probably a 20 minute walk from the red light district/centre, & a 30 minute walk from the main train station. Trams run down past the hostel so that is always another option of getting about.

I paid approximately 19 euros per night for my 10-bed dorm, but I think that it is very good value for money considering breakfast is included, & that the staff are so great. I would definitely stay there again should I have the pleasure to visit Amsterdam in the future!

Flying Pig Uptown Overview

The Flying Pig Uptown is located in Amsterdam Oud-Zuid, only a five minute walk to Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam and Van Gogh Museum. The hostel is conveniently located for sightseeing in Amsterdam with DeLaMar Theater, Rijksmuseum and Melkweg within a 10 minute walk. Amsterdam's attractions, such as Het Concertgebouw, Leidseplein Theater and Paradiso are within a 10 minute walk.

The Flying Pig Uptown's neighbourhood is a popular nightlife destination and you'll be spoilt for choice deciding on which place to go.

Flying Pig Uptown Amenities

• In Room Movies
  • TV
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower