AsiaVietnamHueHue Tips

Hue, Vietnam

Flying Jetstar Pacific in Vietnam Hue Reviews

alexchan alexchan
A regular budget airline that I'd happily fly with again May 29, 2011
We flew Jetstar's Vietnamese operation domestically from Hanoi to Danang (to get to Hue) ... it is called Jetstar Pacific.

Here are few observations, noted out of interest and amusement rather than as complaints. These may be specific to their older Boeing 737-400 aircraft rather than their Airbus A320.

- The seating is extremely tight! I nearly had to recline my seat in order to lower the tray table in order to eat. Chances are, the table will be touching your belly. Most airline ask you to bring your seat upright during meals but chances are you'll have to do the opposite!

- It was mentioned during the safety demo that if you happen to be in the lavatories during a decompression, you must leave the toilet and come out for an oxygen mask in the cabin. This seems rather unusual ... they must have removed the toilet oxygen masks from aircraft ... I could tell that it was previously flown by Malaysia Airlines and have never heard that particular instruction before.

- The rice and noodle meals (the ones that you'd expect to be served hot), are in fact served at room temperature. They're delicious ... but they're not kept chilled prior to sale. Our food was marked with an expiry of 5pm on our day of travel and was probably loaded in the morning. The food could be flying around the network for most of the day before you eat them. While my grandmother used to eat two-day old unrefrigerated food, many modern Western tummies will probably protest.

The flight left about 10 minutes late; that was no biggie. The airline appears to have an unfavourable reputation but it's probably the airline that people love to hate.

It felt like any other budget airline so I can definitely recommend it. I'd happily fly them again.

Check Hue Hotel Deals