Flybe

Jack Walker House, Exeter, United Kingdom

Flybe Exeter Reviews

GeorgeLeach GeorgeLe…
Massively incompetant Mar 17, 2013
The first time I used these guys was from Southampton to Rennes. Safe to say I won't bother again. I'll start with the positives; the staff and cabin crew were helpful and friendly and the inclusion of a business traveller magazine was interesting (to me anyway). The online booking system is fairly easy to use although you have the Ryanair-esque problem of having to untick all the crap you don't need. That's pretty much it. Now for the problems I had with them.

Flybe was keen to promote their new fleet of eco-friendly, low noise aircraft. How turboprops are low-noise is beyond me, they are the loudest aircraft I've ever travelled in. Regardless, Flybe spent about 1bn on kitting out its fleet. During that process, you'd think that they'd bother to make sure the overhead lockers are big enough for the maximium carry-on luggage sizes they offer. They aren't. I had to spend the flight with my case next to me. That's not really a big deal if the planes is half empty like it was but what if it were full? Similar sort of problem on the way back. I reached my seat only to find someone else sat there (I'd had to check in at the airport as the online system didn't work from France apparently). After some polite discuss we both found out that we'd both been assigned seat 17A. Again as the plane was half empty this wasn't a massive issue but what if it had been full? Would one of us been thrown off or what?

While these are hardly the biggest issues you can encounter while flying, I think it's pretty fundemental for an airline to be able to provide storage that meets it's maximum dimensions for carry-on luggage and to assign everyone their own seat rather than double book! Especially when the front of the plane was basically empty! What do they do when they sell out, keep accepting bookings and double up? That's an incompetant business model in my eyes and for that reason I don't think I'll be flying with Flybe again anytime soon.

Check Exeter Hotel Deals