Fly Adventure (paragliding course)

Lima, Peru

Fly Adventure (paragliding course) Lima Reviews

jayslippy jayslippy
(Probably) the best thing you can do in Peru May 19, 2012
I booked the beginners paragliding course with Luis to kick start my South America trip. I had done one days training in the UK a while ago but didn't get far off the ground. I have a long time travelling yet but I'm pretty sure this course is the best thing I'll do here. We started at some sand dunes where I was flying within a few minutes of arriving. And if you make a mistake, you land in sand!

Within a few days I was flying from the cliffs in Lima, over the beaches and the hotels of Miraflores. This was simply incredible. You can pay 150 soles to do the flight as a tandem for 10 minutes, but nothing compares to being up there on your own for 30 minutes! Of course there's no guarantee you'll be able to do this, depending on weather and your skill levels. But even without, driving out to fly around the mountains is great too, and getting to see another side to Lima.

The course is light on theory, heavy on practise and quite accelerated. If you're nervous maybe some lessons at home would be best. For anybody else I think this is a must do.

Check Lima Hotel Deals