Florida Hostal

Check Sevilla Hotel Deals

Florida Hostal Sevilla Reviews

delsol67 delsol67
Beware........of falling water!!! Aug 12, 2009
First, I didn't book this hostal. I am a researcher and pride myself in choosing well. That is why most all of my reviews of hotels are good. I use the tools of the internet to make informed / good decisions. That said, the hostal I had booked had lost my reservation so, I had no place to stay. Therefore.....Hostal Florida.

For a hostel this was expensive. I had such a bad experience that I left after day one and went to a much much nicer hotel ( to be reviewed separately) that was only 6 euro more than this DUMP!

Ok so, the hostal is on a main road on the way to/from the train station. It's not central to anything. The reception didn't speak English and had to get someone to translate. She was also in a both behind glass. This should have been a sign.

The room was on the 4th floor so many stairs. The room was small and not clean. There was no place to really to even put anything. There are a few hooks on the wall to hang something. The bath is tiny and dirty. I mean mildew in the grout. On the positive side we had A/C for 5 euro extra. It was July in Seville.....we paid!!!

In the morning while my partner was showering I felt a spray of water, while laying inb bed. All of a sudden the spray became a waterfall. Water was pouring from the A/C which was mounted high on the wall above the bed. It just kept pouring for quite a while. The reception said that they couldn't fix it until until the next week. We didn't stay another night as we looked for other accomodations....happily.
Giralda Tower in Old Town center
Beautiful tilework in the park
Flamenco show