Florida Historic Capitol Museum

400 South Monroe Street, Tallahassee, FL, USA

Florida Historic Capitol Museum Tallahassee Reviews

grandmar grandmar
1902 Florida Capitol May 04, 2017
The desk in the front where most people come in had a diagram of the various modifications they made to the capitol. They added wings to it, but when they built the new capitol behind it, they found that they couldn't get fire engines and emergency equipment in around between the two buildings. So they took the wings off and went back to the 1902 configuration.

On the main floor was the governor's office and the Supreme Court, and also the gift shop and some extra exhibits. Upstairs were the Senate and House chambers and some exhibits on the history of Florida.

After we visited the museum, I went and took some photos of the area between the old and new courthouse. Bob thought I was going to go around front to take photos, but he walked off to do that while I was still taking photos, and I didn't know where he went. But we re-united at the car.

Everything was handicapped accessible. I looked on the Internet and they said there was free handicapped parking behind the House side. The website had little red arrows to get us to the handicapped entrance. In person there were signs. The handicapped entrance door was locked and we had to press a button to get the people inside to unlock the door. There was an elevator to get us to each floor.
Old Capitol
Button to push to unlock the door
Governor's secretary's office