Floriade Festival

Commonwealth Park, Canberra, Australia

Floriade Festival Canberra Reviews

Fayemin Fayemin
Floriade 21 Oct 08, 2008
To flower lovers, a piece of flower means the whole world to them. How much more if beds of flowers are before their eyes? Perhaps, they would like to gaze at them for the entire day.

I never thought I would see big beds of colorful tulips and other blooms. It was such a nice experience going to the 21st Annual Floriade Festival eventhough it rained hard and our feet got soaked when we arrived at the park.

The Festival lasts for a month at the Commonwealth Park. It started last September 13 and will end on October 12. This is a way of celebrating spring in Australia.

The flower beds are not as simple as they appear. If you look from the top by riding the ferriswheel, you will see that those beds depict movie themes, characters, and routines such as the Red Carpet, popcorns, Babe, Moulin Rouge, and Happy Feet, to name a few. They must have been well planned, designed and executed by lots of people.

There are also cubby houses, gardening tools, and landscaping stuffs for sale. There are supplies of chocolates, hand soaps and lotions, bed linens with floral prints, and souvenir items for the tourists as well.

Film fests are held at night but I was not able to see any of those. To me, my flower shots are my very own film of which I will not get tired of watching.
wedding dress
Wonderful! Beautiful shots!
Posted on: Oct 09, 2008
Fayemin Fayemin
Floriade 21 Oct 08, 2008
Additional things to see at the Commonwealth Park...

Check Canberra Hotel Deals