Floating in the Dead Sea

Dead Sea, Jordan

Floating in the Dead Sea Reviews

mfoth mfoth
Dead Sea float from the Movenpick Jun 08, 2011
Amazing!!! Do it! We floated for about 30 minutes and were so buoyant. We gazed at Israel as we bobbed up and down. Try standing up in the water-crazy!! Staying at the Movenpick was amazing and we loved every moment of it. Slather on some mud and then go back into the sea to wash it off.
kaiylee kaiylee
You are really float Jun 24, 2011
You will be amaze that you are really un-sinkable in Dead Sea. I tried to dive in but un-success. This is a good experience to float in the water. However, I strongly recommend you close you eyes and don't let the salty water to get into your eyes, it was very painful experience. Good luck and happy travel.
crystaldvm crystald…
Fun once-in-a-lifetime opportunity Jun 07, 2010
Put on your bathing suit and jump in! The water is cold, and the salty water burns if left on your skin too long, but you really do float. Most of the beaches around the Dead Sea are owned by cafes and gift stores, so the best option is to stop and have lunch so you can also take a shower afterward. Food is very expensive (about 15 USD for Schnitzel and chips) at the cafes, but you are only doing this once.
alygally alygally
Good, salty fun Jul 25, 2008
Well, it's free if you're able to go to one of the free tourist beaches, otherwise the various resorts will charge you a nominal fee to use their private beach access. Regardless, this is a can't-miss experience to anyone traveling to Jordan or Israel!

You always hear about how the high salt content of the Dead Sea makes you float. In truth, the fact that the Dead Sea is so salty makes the water partially solid! It is literally impossible not to float - in fact, it is incredibly difficult to even put your legs straight down beneath you!

The water and the mud are incredibly good for your skin, and what's more, it's just fun to get good and muddy sometimes. =) However, a word to the wise - don't shave your legs that day if you're planning on getting in the water. Your pores will be wonderfully open, allowing for some fantastic salty stinging action going on. Ouch!

Also, don't dunk your head under. Lifeguards stand by with eye drops and water to flush your eyes out if you do so, but just take my word for it and don't risk it =)
Covered in Dead Sea mud

Related Travel Blogs About Floating in the Dead Sea

Floating in the Dead Sea
If you visited the Dead Sea, but did not swim in it - you are so gonna regret it. We head to the Amman Beach and paid JOD 15 per entry. We initially just wanted to dive in at one of the open public&n…float in the Dead Sea. It's super-true and I had to do it to believe it. You just…
the trip to jerusalem
got my chair in the trip to jerusalem as much as i loved playing the trip to jerusalem game, i never ever dreamed of really going to the holy land. i wasn’t even curious about the bible. but i c…floating at the dead sea yeah, it’s true. everyone floats in the dead sea.  just…
Egypt &/or Jordan, Oct.-Nov. 2010
First, let me assure you that I am NOT a travel agent or in the travel industry and I will not earn any commissions or other pay for this trip. I’m planning this journey for myself because I l…floating in the Dead Sea at a Dead Sea Resort. No package tour companies offer as much…

Check Dead Sea Hotel Deals