Flight Experience

G20 @ Megabox

Flight Experience Reviews

silveryz silveryz
Flight Simulator Experience for Pilots wannabe Jul 06, 2010
This was a birthday surprise for my boyfriend. Bookings and payments were all done online via emails, the staff were wonderful and were very quick with response.

Arriving at the outlet in Megabox, I went to the counter and mentioned my name as I did not receive my ticket which was posted to Malaysia. (It is very common for mails to go missing in Malaysia). We were asked to step inside the shop for awhile and wait. In a couple of minutes, a guy decked out in a Pilot outfit ushered us into the mock flight cockpit and proceeded to ask where would we like to fly to without trying to explain what needs to be done, how will it be done and what are the thousands of switches are for (I expected him to at least explain a few crucial ones).

You get to pick where you would like to fly (you're the co-pilot), the pilot would set the coordinates into the system. You would then perform a take-off, fly around the area for abit before landing on the chosen airport. During the process, you'll need to maintain at a certain height while doing some sightseeing. The pilot would tell you what to do, which lever to push and pull for take-off and landing.

Overall, we thought it was a fun experience. However, as opposed to what's stated on the website where they say you'll first meet up with the pilot for a quick chat where you'll be briefed before boarding to the cockpit and begin your journey. Instead, we've got a guy who seems disinterested in explaining any technical questions we've had, couldn't wait to finish the session, get out and log-on to facebook. Apart from this, we have no complaints. Perhaps it was just our luck :)
Lots of switches!!
Me in action
After the session, the lights are …
Flight Experience Map