Fliegu

www.fliegugozo.com - 356 2155 0055

Fliegu Nadur Reviews

jeminigirl jeminigi…
Amazing Location - Everything else disappointing Aug 03, 2014
Whilst in Malta my Maltese family wanted to take me out for Sunday lunch. My cousin chose Fliegu. Our table had been booked for noon and it was ready for us on arrival. The restaurant is light and airy with an amazing view across the Gozo channel with sights of Comino and The Blue Lagoon in the distance.

Menus were given to us on arrival and drinks orders were taken immediately. Drinks came within 10 minutes or so and our food order was taken around 12.15pm. We were a table of seven adults, one four year old and one 18 month old toddler. Our food order was for one steak (medium), six chicken breasts with various sauces for each diner and chicken nuggets and chips for the four year old. Complimentary breads and bruschetta were brought to the table after ordering our main meal and these were enjoyable. As families do we had a general chit chat but by 1pm our main courses had still not arrived, needless to say the four year old was getting pretty restless at this point. By 1.15pm my cousin decided to get the attention of the waiting on staff to ask where our meals were - his response 'yours is a very large order and we are very busy' (I do know that they have a roof terrace, but did not know how busy they were up there) however, there was now two tables of four diners in the restaurant. By 1.30pm the other two tables were served with their main courses - we were still waiting!!!

Our food eventually arrived at 1.40pm I would like to say the wait had been worth while - it hadn't. The steak was undercooked (we didn't send it back for fear of it not returning) the chicken breasts were very dry. There was one dish each of chips, salad, potatoes and cooked vegetables - simply not enough to go around seven adults.

Upon asking for the bill the waiter did offer us complimentary desserts or an aperitif, not wanting to have to wait again we simply declined the offer.

Overall I feel really sorry for my family as their intention was for us all to have a really enjoyable and relaxing meal whilst I was over in Malta. What we got was very disappointing, both service and standard of food, and has put my family off from returning, the only good thing was the view.
The view from the hilltop
Vikram says:
I knew this would get featured the minute I read it, At least something good came out of the horrible experience!
monky says:
Congrats on your today┬┤s featured review Allie!:)
Travel2014 says:
Well, everyone will take note at least so congrats on this being featured! :)
Posted on: Sep 06, 2014

Compare Ghajnsielem Hotel Rates (1.5km away)

Nadur Map