Fletcher Hotel Amsterdam

Check Amsterdam Hotel Deals

Fletcher Hotel Amsterdam Reviews

EmyG EmyG
Futuristic hotel May 17, 2016
Fletcher Hotel Amsterdam is beautiful! I cannot deny this fact and I would be lying if I would say something different. I was really excited to stay here, as I have never stayed in such a modern and funky hotel.

It is a futuristic hotel located on the outskirts of Amsterdam, near the highway. It is the best to reach it by car, otherwise, the closest option is the metro and train. Even if you use train or metro, you will need to walk like 1.5 km or so. To get to it from the closes metro station you need to take a taxi or walk like 15 minutes.

The hotel is a large cylindrical building that looks like a huge, blue tube. It gives fantastic views of motorway system and the urban Amsterdam all around. It has a skyline restaurants on the top. Fletcher Hotel Amsterdam has a large underground car park with lots of parking slots which is for free for hotel’s guests.

The hotel interior is not to everyone's taste. Rooms look very modern and futuristic. They are nice and quite spacious as for two people. They have funky facilities and good views from the circular windows. Rooms are very original and well equipped, with an enchanting, and strange at the same time, cylindrical shower cabin in the center area of the room. You can’t open the window. The air conditioning works well.

Everything in the room is dominant by material being white plastic. I found the concrete mouldings of trees, also white, a bit strange. The room would look better without them maybe. But even if they were not looking good to me, I liked the room very much. It provided almost everything I needed and the bed was massive and super comfy! The one thing I may complain is lack of a tea maker. There was only a coffee maker, and I prefer tea!

It is very strange concept of having a clear glass shower in the room but I knew it will be there before booking the room. It is definitely an eyecatcher. In fact it was a great rain shower but a bit too complicated to use. Well, there was only one tap that served to fix water temperature and the power of stream of water at the same time. I had a problem with making water warm. I was staying in the room with my friend and such a shower was not the best solution for us. I wouldn't go there again with a friend due to this shower cubicle. The room and lack of proper bathroom give really too little privacy. So if you and your travel buddy are not a couple, better get separate rooms, otherwise the hotel won’t be a great experience and it has a potential to be. And it deserves to be. There is a toilet where you can lock yourself and let your friend to take a shower but … the door to the toilet leaves massive gaps where whoever you are staying with can see through. The biggest gap is directly onto the shower tube, which like I said before is totally transparent. The toilet has also a heavy door which are very loud and there is not much you can do to stop their sound unless you hold it on until it closes. They are not locked as far as I remember.

l don't think the hotel represents the cost it charges. It is expensive. I could understand its price (140 euros per night plus city tax ofc) if it would be located near Amsterdam city center, but it is not. There is not many things to see and do around the hotel, well only Ajax Stadium, for football fans.

Do I recommend it? Yes, but only for couples or a single person staying alone.
Ils1976 says:
I missed out on the feature ... nevertheless ... congrats! :D
Posted on: May 22, 2016
Paulovic says:
Congrats on the featured review!
Posted on: May 22, 2016