Flatwater

321 N. Clark St., Chicago, IL, USA

Flatwater Chicago Reviews

HCSmooth66 HCSmooth…
Great Location. Aug 14, 2009
The night at Flatwater for me started about a half-hour before the TravBuddy meetup was to start. I stood on the Clark Street Bridge watching boats, but mainly listening to the fine jazz band across the river play.

There was a large group of us for the meet-up, so we had a long table that was pushed off into the far to one side. It was at times a tight squeeze, and probably not conducive to the number of people we had there.

I ordered a spinach salad. You pay for the location here a bit. As is the case with everything else I've reviewed in Chicago, a big city premium applies to this restaurant. My spinach salad was pretty good. It had some tomatoes, which I do not like and had to pick off one-by-one, and some bacon. It was topped with a poached egg. Very well done, very tasty, nice combination of tastes and textures.

As it was a Friday night things got pretty crowded. Some people were just there to be at the bar and drink, and some were there to eat. Boaters came up and tied their boats up nearby and climbed up into the area to eat or drink. A great atmosphere and a great time, especially if the weather cooperates. It can also be a good starting point if you want to go to another nearby establishment.
MiamiMaria says:
It really is a gorgeous location, quite lovely!
Posted on: Aug 22, 2009
mhopgood123 says:
I thought the place was fantastic too.Pity that having lived in Chicago for 8 years I had not discovered it before. It is a nice place to soak in the Chicago night atmosphere...
Posted on: Aug 16, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About Flatwater

My first TravBuddy Meet-up
I was invited to the TravBuddy meetup in Chicago well in advance, but in typical fashion I waited until the last minute to actually plan my arrival. Due to my love of traveling to places beyond the …Chicago, and relaxed for a bit before heading over to Flatwater to meet up with my fellow TravBuddies. The Flatwater

Check Chicago Hotel Deals