Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino

Check Las Vegas Hotel Deals

Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino Reviews

ola3rd ola3rd
Standard amenities for a Vegas hotel Dec 23, 2013
The Flamingo recently underwent some renovations; and from what Ive heard, the rooms are a ton more better than they used to be. However the elevators are badly in need of a lift [pun intended :p] the railings of one fell off at some point, and they only used tape to hold it up. NOT a good look! The location is deff the best thing this hotel has going on, as it is right in the middle of the strip.

- Perfect location makes for convenience

- Very affordable, only about $30 on weeknights and $50 on weekends, although I went during off season

- Bathroom is average at best, could do with upgrade [FAB Deluxe room types]

- They need to upgrade their elevators

- Resort Fees

- No fridge in room

- Furniture in room was quite dusty, makes one wonder the last time it got cleaned :S

- The buffet in this hotel sucks, not only rude staff but not much good options. You're best eating somewhere else

The Flamingo is average at best but due to the excellent location, I would highly recommend it to anyone who doesn't need anything fancy.
closet, paintings, bed
"FAB Deluxe" room
oceanfrizz oceanfri…
Location, Location... Mar 18, 2013
Location, Location, they have great amenities, great price, very comfortable bed, it take long to check in but is worth the wait, I had a great time here, the back yard with beautiful flamingos bird, the buffet is also pretty good, parking is free, right in the middle of strip, room size is good, room is clean, casino is a lot of fun but of course is Vegas, there tons of great casino around, overall for the price that I paid this hotel is awesome!
reger1520 reger1520
Awful Service Apr 29, 2012
Out of all the hotels I have stayed in across the world including other hotels along the Las Vegas strip this was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had.

It began on a Friday morning when we waited in line to check in for nearly an hour. Luckily we were able to check in but could not receive our room keys until 4pm which was fine and expected. However, at 4pm they did not have the rooms ready so we had to wait around until finally we received our two rooms.

Upon entering one of the rooms we were greeted with a room full of another guest's belongings. We could have easily walked away with everything and no one would have known. After the mix up, we were then downgraded to a smaller room on the "pet friendly floor" complete with dogs barking all over. Finally, around 6pm we were in our room with a good view of the strip. Besides a few things falling apart including the curtains and toilet the beds were comfortable and we had plenty of room.

Later that evening upon returning around 1am ready for bed, our room keys didn't work. After three different trips from the 16th floor to the lobby with no answers we were able to speak to a manager who coincidentally began to get angry with us accusing us that we were not cooperating when all we wanted was a set of keys that worked. He in turn continued to belittle us and even put my girlfriend into tears. A security guard was sent about 30 minutes after our final trip downstairs to let us in only to blame everything on the new shipment of card keys that were being used.

We were told we were getting credited $30 in food credit for all of the mistakes which of course we never received. Every time we called the front desk it would take nearly 10 minutes to talk to someone and rarely did we receive a straight forward answer to our concern.

The location is great and the pool is nice, all be it extremely crowded and we had no option but to sit on the concrete.

Overall I do not recommend this hotel and the place is in dire need of new management.
SamsTravels SamsTrav…
The Flamingo Hotel, Las Vegas Mar 23, 2012
I stayed at the Flamingo when visiting Vegas for my brothers wedding. I was expecting something Amazing, but was a little disappointed. The rooms are big but very dated and the hotel itself seems to lack what the other hotels offer.

Although one of the last original hotels on the strip, famously owned by the rat pack - The Flamingo just didn't tick all the boxes for me and didn't have the excitement that the other more renowned hotels on strip did.

The only bonus was that is was located right in the middle of everything which was great and the strip is one long well strip!! they are have valet parking which was a bonus, but I am pretty sure all the hotels have this.

The buffet offered was $15 a pop and for me this seemed a tad expensive, however Vegas in general is.

My advice, visit for sure but if your looking for that amazing Vegas hotel experience, I don't think that the Flamingo is it.
tejah1 tejah1
only location is good, rest terrible Jun 22, 2012
Out of all the hotels I have stayed in across Arizona and Nevada this was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had.

It began Sunday afternoon when we waited in line to check in for nearly two hours. Out of the 5 desks to check in, only 2 people are working at rush hour.

When we finaly got our room a the 10 minutes began to the room, we didn't know that at first.

The view from our room (4170) was terrible. An old parking lot was taken down, I thought I was going to see flamingo's.

In the morning 6 o'clock the workers started, making a lot of noice.
corridors that long
building to large to be a hotel
waiting foor nearly 2 hours only t…
view from our room
PiercedKiss08 PiercedK…
Pink Nov 07, 2012
The Flamingo was the first hotel I stayed at in Las Vegas. It was a great hotel, but the very long corridors were not fun to walk down.

I was with someone who somewhat needed a wheelchair, it was nice that they had them to rent. But the not so nice part was when the handicap rooms were far from the elevators.

The staff was nice. But the few we asked for directions to go to a few stores had no idea where they were.

Breakfast from the buffet was good.

The flamingos outside were pretty cool to see
menoxie menoxie
lovely hotel Jun 27, 2011
This hotel is located central on the strip, it has a great swimmingpool with the best vegas party's and there is also a pool for children.

i asked for a smoking room, so my room was not the newest, but i was happy with the room, the view was great, looked out on ceasers and bellagio, only the shower was old and small, tv in the room was a old one, also the furniture. must say the renovated rooms are much better.

service was ok, some parts of the day there was a long check in row, but overall they helped you quick enough, to get to your room as fast as possible.

also a nice thing to say about the hotel that there is a monorail in the back of hotel and it brings you all through stratosphere tower and in the other direction to the MGM $5,- a single ride and $12,- a day pass.( think more expensive right now)

been there several times in the past years, i'm a diamond member right now so on my next visits the room is complimentary, i love this hotel so much and all the other times i stayed in better and renovated rooms with different views and it's all good and nice

overall is this a recommended hotel
the hotel
inside my room
inside the room
inside the room
leo07 leo07
Cheap but you pay for it ... Outdated, beat up and Shaddy May 02, 2011
The Hotels has an o.k location .. at the beginning of the strip

Quite ran down place ... you can pony up a few more dollars and you will be able to get something better.

List of things wrong with the place:

-Dirty, stains everywhere

-Ran down

-Expensive internet service

-Working girls almost soliciting at your door .. yeah is Vegas, but come on .. jut not cool.

-Extra charge to get a small fridge .. never heard of anything like that before (I believe it was about 25 bucks a night extra)
Eric Eric
Old rooms, decent pool Sep 24, 2009
The Flamingo Hotel certainly isn't as nice as many of the other hotels on the strip, especially if you can't get the new "Go" rooms. The "Go" rooms are modern and fairly nice, but usually sell out quite quickly, and are $30 more expensive than the normal rooms.

I've stayed here two times. The second time, we booked online, and didn't know there was a distinction between the old and new rooms, so of course we got stuck with an old room. When we checked in, the first room we were shown was small and fairly depressing: poorly lighted, stains on the carpet and furniture, old, and all-around fairly shabby. The room was $149/night but I've seen motels a third the price that are nicer.

I called the lobby and asked if they had more rooms available, but unfortunately all the "Go" rooms were sold out. Fortunately, they had a "mini-suite" available for $30 more per night, and we upgraded to that. It was much, much better (although the furniture still showed its age).

The pool here is nice, but for some inexplicable reason it closes at 5PM, and they kick everyone out. It would be nice if they kept it open at night, since, especially during the summer, the weather is still very warm out.

The location is fairly central on the strip and easy to get to. Since it's right off the Flamingo St. cross street, a lot of the times you can avoid driving directly on the strip, which can be a nightmare.

Overall, I don't think I would stay here again unless I had one of the new "Go" rooms. It's old, not entirely cheap, and there are a lot of much nicer hotels that can be had on the strip for only slightly more money.
steffiedudess steffied…
Jul 10, 2007
The flamingo hotel is one of the older hotels but it still has it's charm. It is situated opposite the Ballagio hotel on the strip.

This hotel's theme is original, with flamingo's in the gardens and flamingo pictures everywhere! Half the hotel is in old decor and the other half is more mopdern with rooms which have tv's in mirrors! So while doing your make-up you can watch the news!!

The food in this hotel is very good, you can play Bingo while eating! how fun!

I give this hotel a 8/10!

Leave me a message if you want to find out about other hotels! i will get the info for you.

Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino Amenities

• Jacuzzi
  • Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower