Flames

Ayias Mavris, Ayia Napa, Cyprus

Flames Ayia Napa Reviews

avieira67 avieira67
An excellent meat meze Mar 09, 2014
This restaurant was established in 1989 by two brothers, Theo and Peter. They know the secrets of the Cypriot cuisine and know how to receive very well their clients. By the way, it was here I learned about the origin of meze.

If you have no idea what means meze, just think about small portions of several traditional dishes. Basically, the main course can be either fish or meat. The side dishes range from salads, cooked eggs, to several kind of sauces.

I was introduced to this restaurant by a Cypriot friend used to visit it. As we were not too much hungry, we ordered the "basic" meze.

My meat meze included, at least, souvlaki, afelia, stewed diced pork marinated in wine with corinder, stifado, slow cooked beef stew with onions, garlic, tomatoes, cinamon, pepper and vinegar, keftedes, meat balls, koubebkia, stuffed grape leaves with minced meat and rice, grilled lountza, smoked pork loin slice, grilled halloumi chesse, Greek slalad, grilled wild mushrooms, fried zucchini, hummus, tzatziki, Greek yogurt, taramasalata, beetroot and pitta bread.

They have a good selection on national wines and I was well surprised with the Portuguese apéritif Port wine.

The quality of the food impressed me a lot. It was very tasty. At the end, the owners gifted me with the national five kings brandy.

If I visit again Ayia Napa, surelly I will eat again in this great restaurant and I recommend it a lot..

Check Ayia Napa Hotel Deals