Flag Hostel

Check Varna Hotel Deals

Flag Hostel Varna Reviews

tj1777 tj1777
The Flag hostel Dec 29, 2013
The oldest and only fully licensed hostel in Varna Bulgaria is the Flag Hostel. It is originally founded by an Australian who according to local legend traded in his yacht for the original building with the hostel. Nobody really knows if this is what happened but it is a good explanation for the flags in the hostel and the name - the flags is supposedly originally old signal flags from a ship of some sort.

The hostel is located a short walk from the train station in a central part of the town so it is easy to get to and from the place with the train to Sofia or other places in Bulgaria. It is also located conveniently close to the beach which during the summer time is the main attraction of Varna. I stayed for a night during early April - and at this time of the year there are not much activity down at the beach - actually there are no activity since the Black Sea is terribly cold during winter due to the cold winds coming in from the north east. Hence nobody sane will ever go into the water until much later in the year. Hence I just explored the city sight for a day and a half including a little day trip to nearby Nesebar. Going to Nesebar involves a change of bus in Sunny Beach which is even more out of season this time of the year than Varna is.

It’s very quite staying at the hostel while I am there - since I am the only guest. It makes it a bit too quiet for my liking so the only one I have to chat with is the owner / manager. He is probably a bit bored himself so we end up sharing a couple of Bulgarian beers for the night to pass the time. there is also a breakfast available in the morning - but considering I am the only one staying there it is sort of self service - just take a piece of bread and look out for some eatable stuff in the fridge. I manage to find some sort of butter and jam which appears to be within the intended lifespan so it can be eaten without too great a risk to my health.

Check Varna Hotel Deals