Tromso, Norway
Fjellheisen - Tromso 1
Fjellheisen - The view from the top!
Fjellheisen - The view from the top!
Fjellheisen - Tromso 2

Fjellheisen Tromso Reviews

Martin150 Martin150
Peace and Tranquility in Abundance Aug 11, 2011
I went up the cable car in December 09 and whilst you can get the bus to Fjellheisen I actually walked around from the town centre - probably a 30min treck but if you're feeling fit it's do-able.

As I recall the ride to the top was relatively inexpensive and you are met with a lovely timber cafe from which I purchase a much-needed coffee. Extremely relaxing looking out of the window at the view, with the burning wood fire just behind me!

Go outside at the back and walk through the snow (but take care - the depth can be deceptive) and take in the fabulous views and the vanilla-pink skies.
The view from the top!
The view from the top!
davidx davidx
Cable-car in the Arctic Circle Sep 10, 2010
Tromso is the largest city in the Scandinavian Arctic and somewhere in which it is possible to get stupendous views (and I believe walks in the summer) looking down at the scenery rather than, as it is more often seen, up from sea level. The cable-car is easily reached by a short ride on bus 26. When we went up in late April, skiing, rather than walking,seemed to be the main attraction. Of course it was the views that drew us and we were the only ones there not skiing.

The cable car is very wheel-chair friendly.

Obviously I can't know how much the land is covered by snow in summer but this was the first time I have looked over a whole landscape of islands with snow cover.

Lastly I strongly advise anybody going north on the Norwegian Coastal Voyage to forget their city viewing trip and to do this instead under their own steam.
Tromso 1
Tromso 2
GrahamThomas says:
I visited here in April and it was still very cold and snowy at the top of the mountain. I and a friend spent a lovely afternoon there and really enjoyed the Timber Cafe where the prices weren't outrageous. Truly not to be missed if you're in Tromso.
Posted on: Dec 01, 2011
ken2010 says:
Congrats on your featured review!!
Tromsö is really far north and I'm happy you like Scandinavia. :)
Posted on: Sep 17, 2010
saltycoco says:
nice job on the feature.
Posted on: Sep 17, 2010