Five Pilmour Place

Five Pilmour Place Rates and Deals

Five Pilmour Place St Andrews Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Amazing place - I could live there! May 27, 2011
I was in Saint Andrews to play golf with my friend David and I was quite privilege to be there. My David’s wife Inge had called me the day before Christmas and asked what I had planned for the month of May. I told her that I was only booked the first weekend. Good, she said, I want to give my husband a golf trip to Scotland with you. I was amazed but that sounded great and it sure was.

She had found this fantastic Bed & Breakfast just next to the Saint Andrews Old Course and in walking distance of all sites in the city. The place was named Five Pilmour Place and situated in Pilmour Street, which turns into North Street and is one of the 3 main streets in Saint Andrews.

When we arrived we were greeted by the owners; they were not living in the house because the whole house was a B & B. Their little hotel could fit 12 persons with their 6 double rooms. They quickly grabbed our suitcases and carried them to our rooms and gave us the tour of the house.

On the grown floor you had a really nice and cosy resting lounge. It was kept in all red colours with leader sofas and it was done very nice and it was truly cozy. There was also the breakfast room where breakfast was served between 8 – 9 am every morning. If you wanted it earlier you had to warn them. There was also access to the backyard garden with a place for the golf clubs. The last place was their kitchen where they would come every morning and prepare the breakfast.

My room was on the 1st floor and I was amazed of all the decorative details of the house and how much effort that they had been put into it. The stairs were made of stone and it just fitted this stone house built in 1860. I love stone stairs; no squeaky noise at night.

The room was a nice size; there were not too much space but it was more than manageable. There was a wonderful king-size bed and with a fabulous madras. There was a small closet in the corner that did not fit too much in but inside there there was a coffee and tea cooker and some English butter cakes and English toffee as well. There was a small desk, which was enough for my computer and they had given me the access code to the Wi-Fi.

The bathroom was small but functional with really quality products. There was a small shower and a very smart water heater that worked perfectly. Everything was just so neat that you could not help smiling at it and getting into a good mood. The people working there were extremely warm and friendly, and their service level was completely in the top of what you expect of a high ranked hotel.

Their breakfast was magnificent. There was a nice table of fresh fruits, bread and different choices yogurt and healthy stuff, which I always avoid. On top of this they would bring you different kind of toasts and you had a breakfast menu of 6 -7 plates that you could order from the kitchen where they would cook it for you.

The dishes you could choose from were; a bowl of piping hot Scots porridge oats with a hint of heather honey. Freshly baked croissants with scrambled egg and smoked Scottish salmon. French toast with fresh fruit and crème fraîche. Scottish kipper fillets served with a soft poached egg. Warm waffles with pancetta bacon served with hot maple syrup. Lightly toasted bagel with creamed cheese topped with smoked salmon and pepped with capers. English toasted muffin with poached eggs topped with pancetta served with hot hollandaise sauce. I always went for the scrambled eggs with wonderful Scottish salmon and it was superb.

I can strongly recommend this place if you want to get away from everything and be treated like a Scottish Queen or King.
Details from the bed
The bed
The room
The desk
Chokk says:
It was not so crazy, I think the rate was 75£ per night for a single room, but it was more than well worth it.
Posted on: Jul 13, 2011
missandrea81 says:
Wow! How much did you pay for your room? We're going at the end of July and we don't have a single place to stay yet.
Posted on: Jul 13, 2011

Five Pilmour Place Overview

Discover all that St. Andrews has to offer with Five Pilmour Place Hotel as a base. The Five Pilmour Place Hotel boasts a convenient location with modern amenities in every guestroom and superb service. Each guestroom is fully equipped with non smoking rooms, daily newspaper, hair dryer, television, bathtub, shower, separate shower and tub, DVD/CD player. Hotel facilities offered at this St. Andrews accommodation include laundry service/dry cleaning, business center, concierge. Leisure and sports facilities available on the hotel's property comprise golf course (on site), garden. This hotel is characterized by a combination of modern comfort and traditional element of St. Andrews, making it a distinct accommodation. To make your reservation at the Five Pilmour Place Hotel via our secure online booking form, please submit your visit dates.

Five Pilmour Place Amenities