Fitz's Rootbeer

Fitz's Rootbeer - Mom's delicious Frito chili burger

Fitz's Rootbeer Saint Louis Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Fun Lunch Idea Dec 03, 2009
A unique, fun dining experience in University City -- Fitz's Rootbeer. While dining, patrons can watch the rootbeer bottling process (if you are coming here specifically for this reason, call ahead because they don't bottle everyday). I knew about this place, and my parents and I were in St. Louis one day on business, and wanted someplace different to eat, so I suggested Fitz's. Luckily, it was on a bottling day, so we were able to watch the process from our upstairs table. I ordered a diet rootbeer in a bottle, so that I could take it with me, but Mom and Dad got the bottomless rootbeer mugs -- no ice, just FROSTED mugs, another with each refill.

Fitz's offers an extensive menu, including a variety of burgers. I love bison, and that was an option, so I ordered the bison burger which came with sweet potato waffle fries. The bison burger was good, cooked a little more well-done than I like, but still good. My mom tried a Frito chili burger, which was more or less a Frito pie (Fritos, chili, sour cream and shredded cheese) on a burger. It looked delicious, and Mom said it was really good.

Fitz's proved to be a unique local dining experience. They've been bottling rootbeer since 1947. They also make their own cream soda, orange soda, and grape soda (and diet versions of cream soda and rootbeer).

We missed out on dessert -- we were too full from our meal. But, watching other diners, it looked like they made an amazing root beer float.
the best tasting diet rootbeer the…
me and my parents
the bison burger with sweet potato…

Check Saint Louis Hotel Deals