Fitzroy Island Resort Cairns

Check Cairns Hotel Deals

Fitzroy Island Resort Cairns Reviews

AussieMel82 AussieMe…
Beautiful Resort expensive food Jan 24, 2014
There is much to say about this resort so i'm going to try and break it down as much as possible.

I stayed at this resort with my partner and family for my sister's wedding in October 2013. The accomodation prices for the resort itself is excellent in comparison to other island resorts in the Whitsundays. Expect to wait a while for checking in considering that everyone is coming off the boat at the same time. There is nothing you can do about that and no use complaining.

The reason for the average rating on the value is for the expense of other things such as food, beverages, items in the general store and alcohol. We were only there for 2 nights so we didn't bother, however I highly suggest bringing your own cereal, bread, milk, tea, coffee, fruit and alcohol if you're staying for longer than 3 nights.

I found the food at the bistro/bar to be a mixed bag. We had burgers and salads for lunch which came quickly and were really good, however we then had dinner there and my steak was bad for the price. Breakfast is hotel priced but not too bad. We didn't eat in the restaurant which is apparently nice but much more expensive than the bistro.

The location of course is amazing. Most of the rooms have beautiful views of the beach and beautiful blue sea. There is plenty of walks around the island you can do, unfortunately we just didn't have time. We were lucky enough, that we were able to get over to Nudey Beach where my sister was having wedding shots. It's a stunning part of the world that you just can't miss.

I stayed in the one bedroom ocean view with my partner. My sister also stayed with us on the pull out bed. The room is a good option for families as it has the extra space with a full kitchen. There is also a large balcony however it could do with some extra furniture.

The bathroom has a massive shower with one of those rain style shower heads coming from the ceiling. The water pressure was great. The bed in the bedroom was big and comfortable and the room was quiet at night.

The best part of the resort is the fantastic pool. It has plenty of sunbeds and towels and also a small pool for the kids. There is a swim up bar but unfortunately it's only open from 12pm to 4pm and they only had one person working the bar whilst we were there so drinks took forever to arrive, especially cocktails.

Overall a beautiful resort but as I mentioned, given it's an island resort, food, drinks and other supplies are pretty expensive. Bring whatever you can to reduce the cost.
Fitzroy Island Hotel Pool
Our balcony
The beach

Fitzroy Island Resort Cairns Overview

Set in Fitzroy Island, the Fitzroy Island Resort Cairns is a perfect base while in Cairns. The resort offers a spa & wellness centre, a tour desk and an outdoor pool as well as a 24 hour reception, a business centre and conference room(s).

The resort's garden offers a tranquil corner to sit and relax. There is a convenience store, an atm / cash machine and a gift shop within the resort. Staff at the front desk are on hand to look after the needs of guests on arrival. If access is a concern, prospective patrons will be pleased to know the resort provides wheelchair access for an inclusive experience.

Fitzroy Island Resort Amenities

• Ticket Service
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels