Fishworks

www.fishworks.co.uk - 020 8948 5965

Fishworks Richmond Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Average food, poor service! Mar 17, 2012
We were in Richmond and were looking for a place where we could enjoy a nice lunch. I had walked by Fish Works Café before and managed to convince my friend to go to a fish restaurant. Fish Works Café is located in a tiny alley in the heart of Richmond Town.

We were greeted by a polite waitress and shown to a table. Unfortunately the waitress who took over were the most arrogant I have met in a very long time. She did a great job in making us feel pretty uncomfortable. It did not help the atmosphere that our chairs were full of bread crumbs and my menu had food on it.

The interior was nice and modern, with wooden tables, simple white chairs and black benches along the walls. I wasn´t too keen on the fake ivy hanging down from the ceiling though. The restaurant with the high ceiling and glass roof looked like it was part of the old marked. It used to have a fishcounter complete with crushed ice and a variety of fish by the entrance, but it was gone now!

Being in England I ordered the Fish & Chips. You could either have it with bear batter or with bread crumbs. The food was good, but nothing that made a big impression. Prices on the menu were average to high, with oyster and shellfish at the top end. Too bad that the service was poor, because the menu was nice. They had a nice variety of fish and shellfish. Chicken was also on the menu for those not too keen on fish.

Would I eat there again? Probably not!
Fish Works Café