Fish Therapy

Bandung, Indonesia

Fish Therapy Bandung Reviews

pearcetoyou pearceto…
Fish Therapy in Bandung Aug 03, 2011
Okay, I admit I was a little squeamish about this when I first witnessed people letting tiny fish nibble on their feet. But on our visit to Bandung I finally gave in and decided to have a go at it. These little fish are scientifically known as Garra rufa and are imported in from Turkey. Fish therapy has become quite popular in several Asian countries. Also popular in Europe, I hear.

The fish eat the dead skin and scales that are softened by the water, and the more dead skin you have on your feet the more popular you are with the fish. I’ll never forget that moment when I first dunked my feet into the water…I just started laughing! Well, I have ticklish feet, anyway, but this was just the weirdest thing I have ever felt. Once you have several of them licking your feet, it almost feels like your feet are vibrating.

I actually tried it again the next day at a different place, along with Asri. It costs about 3USD for 20 minutes. Or, if it’s not busy, they’ll let you stay longer…the fish need to eat, after all. Fish therapy has been deemed unsanitary in the U.S. and is illegal in most states. It actually made my feet feel smoother, and I didn’t come down with any deadly disease, nor did my feet rot off. So, from my experience, I have to say it seemed pretty harmless. You have to try it at least once!
Sweetski says:
Don't know why, but I think there's something fishy about this review :D

Congrats on the feature!
pearcetoyou says:
@mpanklind: hmmmm...not sure I would feel comfortble with biggerr fish! haha
saltycoco says:
haha, cool that's what i figure :)

Check Bandung Hotel Deals