Fish House Pri Yafata

91 Tsar Ivan Asen II, Sofia, Bulgaria
Fish House Pri Yafata - The outside.
Fish House Pri Yafata - The gate/entrance to the premises.
Fish House Pri Yafata - Menu cover.
Fish House Pri Yafata - The 'kebab' I had...seafood on the metal stick.
Fish House Pri Yafata - A panorama view of the dining area.
Fish House Pri Yafata - The dry and hard salmon.
Fish House Pri Yafata - The 'kebab'.

Fish House Pri Yafata Sofia Reviews

trippinginnederland tripping…
Don't bother to check it out. Oct 14, 2010
Any seafood fan will know how to enjoy eating those 'jewels from the sea'...

What shall we have for dinner? I went to check out the recommended/advertisements on those free booklets/maps. I saw 'Fish House Pri Yafata' and what they had described about it. They even rated it as cheap!

Oh, we love feasting on seafood and we were definitely eager to search for this place. This place is located on the far side/road of Tsar Ivan Assen II (it is a LONG road). You will notice the Fish House when you see this turquoise painted house with the restaurant's flags. Honestly to speak, when you enter the premises, you'll notice that the place isn't well-maintained or not even clean. When you enter the 'house' you will see a tank of small lobsters. They showed us the way up where the dining area is.

The interior is nice and we looked through the menu. It didn't seem cheap as mentioned in the booklet. Well, so we ordered salmon with grilled zucchini and another main course with different types of seafood on a metal 'stick' (served along with 'green stuff'). You'll see when you check out the photos. We waited quite long for the food, thus I got busy with snapping photos of the place.

Oh my. OH MY! When I saw the different seafood on the stick (like kebab), I was speechless! It was SO little and the 'green stuff' was alfalfa sprouts! I was expecting MORE green vegetables. Well, then I started to wonder, is onion that expensive in Sofia? Instead of grilling a quarter of the onion, they gave one layer of the onion! The pieces of salmon on the kebab were trimmings as they're from the belly/fatty part and not much of the salmon flesh. The octopus tantacle was really good as it was cooked perfectly thus, it wasn't rubbery.

As for the other main, which was the salmon fillet. My boyfriend said it was dry and the outside of the fillet was tough/hard. He assumed that they had precooked it. I would say they had overcooked it. The food wasn't hot as in temperature. They were warm and close to room temperature. That's one of the downfalls.

We weren't pleased with the food, it wasn't enough for us and especially for me because I ended eating a lot of bread to fill me up. It was expensive and we thought, it was best to stick to HAPPY (Bar & Grill) restaurant. Oh well, we wanted to try something different and besides we like to eat seafood.

The next thing, we asked for the bill and waited for the change. We waited for some time and it didn't come thus, we decided to walk down to the counter and asked for our change. The silly waiter assumed that the change was tips. We only tip when the service is superb, the food is really good and of great value BUT for this place...It doesn't deserve the tip.

I STRONGLY (emphasises it) DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANY SEAFOOD LOVERS. It is NOT the place...I believe there are other better dining places to invest your money in and what more...to please your tummy!
The outside.
The gate/entrance to the premises.
Menu cover.
The 'kebab' I had...seafood on the…

Check Sofia Hotel Deals