Fish Central

Central Street, London, United Kingdom

Fish Central London Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Fish Central Feb 15, 2011
Fish Central is an incredibly good fish restaurant (there are some other dishes available too), on an unpromising looking concrete plaza near the Thistle Barbican in London. I went there because it was close to the hotel, and rule one of surviving business travel is Never Eat in the Hotel. I was delighted to find a light, airy restaurant with clean, modern décor. I certainly wasn’t the only person eating alone and drifting back to the hotel, but there were also a large number of locals who evidently knew all the staff by name. That’s always a good sign.

The next good sign was the excellent, free small salmon cake starter they gave me.

Service was unfaultable, fast and friendly. The waitress hinted heavily that I might like hake rather than haddock (they were the same price) and if you go, it is a good idea to take the waitresses hints as they know what they have in fresh. I have never had fish that fresh in London – I don’t think I’ve had fish that fresh anywhere except actual sea ports before. It was just incredible. The chips were proper big fat ones, and the wine was excellent. The whole meal came to £13.45, which was £5 cheaper than a fish finger sandwich and wine would have cost in the hotel.

In fact, I liked this restaurant so much that I’ve booked myself into the hotel when I’m next in London for fun, specifically so I can go back there.

Related Travel Blogs About Fish Central

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…London . Brian is a nice guy, but also an utter moron. When he is not drinking “Chang” (Elephant beer: a mother fucker of a beer that weighs…

Check London Hotel Deals