9-11 Domstr., Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Fisch-Franke Frankfurt am Main Reviews

dahling dahling
Fish and fish only Jan 21, 2009
My all-time favorite restaurant in Frankfurt. It has been established in 1920 but was taken over by the Nordsee food chain in the 1970's. The nice thing about the restaurant is that it is two sections, one is an Imbiss, where you get your own - the other part table-serviced restaurant, the prices more on the expensive side, but from the other review I realize that it is that I am spoiled, for all the restaurant that I considered expensive, are on here from cheap to average, so I will give this an average. There are not too many Fish Restaurants in Frankfurt and this is located close to shopping AND the cathedral, so try to avoid it on a Friday. Even at 3pm it is still crowded around lunch, you might as well forget about getting a table.

There are always specials on the menu, changing weekly or biweekly, always season fish etc. So far the place where you will run into the most old "Frankfurters". Finally, they have a website also. I guess, they did not need the advertising. If you like fish and don't live anywhere, where it is easy to get, I really like it. The drawback is: There is no meat on the menu at all. Or a good thing, because nothing worse when your meat tastes like fish anyways.

Well, enjoy.