First World Hotel

Check Genting Highlands Hotel Deals

First World Hotel Genting Highlands Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Huge Hotel with everything you need Jan 12, 2014
I have stayed here twice during my visit to Genting Malaysia and this is the biggest hotel in South East Asia with 6083 rooms available from suite, family, deluxe, casino club, and standard suitable to all budget.

Since this is a very huge hotel, the check in is very inconvenient to me. First of all, you need to check in at 3pm and have to take number from one of the machine at the lobby and then you have to wait until your number called – which can takes several hours since so many people come and go at this place. There were plenty of receptionist at the lobby, however – this is really huge hotel and it takes time to check in and check out. They do provide easy check out solution, where you can drop your key at the box at the reception area if your room has been paid in full.

Once check in and get the key, you are on your on (there is a small map about the hotel layout - inside the room card key) – no bell boy to carry your luggage to the room and the hotel has several elevator depending of the location of our room. If you take the wrong elevator, it is nightmare to find the room. You need to get the right elevator to get to the room. There is an information at the elevator which point to the room no, so just read it carefully and it should be okay.

Buffet breakfast included in the room rate, unfortunately I do not remember the exact cost, probably around usd 150 per night for 2 people.

The room is huge and plenty of space with one big double bed, sofa, desk and all modern amenities inside and view toward the mountain. Everything is nice and clean – even the bathroom also big and modern with bathtub.

Breakfast serve from 7am to 11am at the grand restaurant. Unfortunately, since this is a very huge hotel, the breakfast room also very crowded – the room is long and big and so many people inside the restaurant - it is madness. I get headache just watch people there. Luckily there are plenty of food available from Asian dishes to western breakfast of fried eggs, omelet, bacon, etc. A bit trouble to find an empty table and seat.

Inside the hotel also house a 500,000 square foot indoor theme park – suitable for children all ages, entrance fee separate from the hotel cost – need to pay extra, and shopping center for adult if get bored after the casino – or if you get lucky at the casino since the malls sell brand name stuffs and mostly expensive.

There are plenty of restaurants and hawker stalls inside the hotel from local Malaysian food to around the world dishes – just pick whatever you fancy. Basically it is like a small town, everything provided inside the hotel and you do not have to go out from it.

I did enjoy the place, exploring and have fun there but during my visit, it was too many people which give me a headache, since have to walk and brushing shoulder to shoulder with strangers.
one of the temple in Genting
view of Genting mountain
inside the hotel
entertainment area inside the hotel
Ils1976 says:
Interesting review Yunni!
Posted on: Jan 13, 2014
cotton_foam says:
Wow, I get the feeling of a crowded place!! :)) and I don't like to wait for hours just to check in!! :))
But it's compensated anyways with the other stuff so I guess that's ok :))
Posted on: Jan 12, 2014
gingerbatik says:
True Jim - to big to be comfortable - it is mostly cater for people who go to casino next door and all the underground and the inside hotel link with other 5 hotel as well. and the check in process is not nice either.
Posted on: Jan 12, 2014
TB_Xim TB_Xim
Cheap Hotel in Genting Feb 17, 2013
The hotel is located in Genting Highlands, an hour drive from Kuala Lumpur and two hours from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and LCCT-KLIA depending on traffic. It’s one of the largest hotels in the world by rooms with a total of 6,118 rooms. We arrived at night in the airport and took a cab from LCCT to hotel to save time and it was rush hour in Kuala Lumpur but we arrived in the hotel less than two hours. We paid RM250 to the taxi driver.

The hotel lobby is huge and wide, it looks like a boarding area in the airport and it was crowded and noisy. Check-in was fast and easy, we used the self service check-in kiosk at the lobby and it only took 10-15 minutes. We almost got lost finding our room and even finding our way out from the hotel.

We had a world club room in tower one overlooking the Genting Theme Park. The room is spacious, pretty dated and old but fairly clean. There’s no aircon in the room, only ceiling fan because of the cold weather here, could up to 10°C. Beds were a bit hard and blankets are thin but clean. There’s no wifi in the room. Bathroom is big with tub, it was clean with basic amenities.

We only stayed one night and slept for few hours in our room after gambling. We booked our room with breakfast but we just bought coffee and spent the morning for short sightseeing outside the hotel and went back to Singapore in the afternoon. Check out was quick and simple, we just inserted our room keycards into the card slot of check-out kiosk at the lobby and done.

This is the cheapest hotel in Genting and the resort is packed with locals and gamblers during weekends, public holidays and peak season. There are indoor and outdoor amusement park, shopping centre, food courts, restaurants and cafes in the resort.
World Club Room
Entrance
Exterior
View from our room
vinceable vinceable
Genting First World Hotel - For Budget Travelers. Apr 22, 2012
A trip to genting there is nothing much to do, therefore a good hotel room could be important to you if you are 1) not a gambler who will spend most of your time at the casino or 2) not someone who will spend a day out at the themepark.

Genting Highlands consist of a few hotels. There is Theme Park Hotel, Maxims Hotel.

First world hotel could seem to be consider one of the cheapest of the hotels located on Genting Highland, however it is the price for the quality. As compared to the other 2 hotel, First world hotel room space is smaller.

The good thing about staying in First world hotel is that if you want to make a trip to the shopping and restaurant areas, it is really easy to get there as compared to the others where you have to walk a distance. Also there is a casino nearby. There is also a Starbucks nearby where you can get wifi. There is no wifi in the hotel room, you can only get wifi at selected cafes.

The rooms are reasonably clean and like all other hotels on genting, there is no air-condition. Basically, just open the windows and the room will be cool due to the weather on top of the hill.

In summary if you are looking for just a place to rest your feet and get some sleep without expecting much from, this hotel is the most budget out of the rest of the hotels on genting . I am going for it again this April.

Also checking in as I remembered was a little draggy. Maybe the check in booth will do better, gonna try that this time round.
lic7722 lic7722
My Stay at First World Hotel Jul 09, 2011
It was my first trip to Genting Highlands. In all honesty, the only thing I like about this trip is the hotel stay. The twin-sharing room where I stayed (at Tower 1, which is the old tower) was spacious, which was contradictory to what I read on the internet before the trip. In fact, comparing with hotel rooms (twin-sharing rooms) that I have stayed in other hotels in other parts of Malaysia and in other countries, this particular hotel room was comparatively bigger. The hotel staff were generally friendly and room service was prompt.

I like the self-checkout kiosks that are located in the hotel lobby area. By checking out on one's own, it helps save time and the trouble of standing in queue, which is particularly helpful for elderly guests. There is a bell counter, as it is known there, that helps hotel guests keep their luggages. I think it's a common practice there that tips are given to the staff manning this counter, as I saw piles of ringgit on a tray and hotel guests putting money in there.

There is a Starbucks outlet there that opens until about 5am on Saturday. There are a few 24-hour restaurants too. All the restaurants charge taxes and these are not reflected in the prices shown on menus. (I can't recall the exact percentage of tax, but it should be about 8%.) There is a casino at the hotel that is open 24 hours.
nimic nimic
Genting Highlands First World Hotel Jun 19, 2011
Usually My family and I goes to Genting Highlands for a one day trip, but because my mom won some promotion for a free 1 night stay, so we kinda experience our first time stay at one of the most famous hotel/resorts in Malaysia.

We were lucky enough to get to stay at the First World Hotel. A standard room costs about RM200++ (inclusive of breakfast), so it isn't that expensive.

For those of you who didn't know, There are many hotels in Genting Highlands, like the Highlands Hotel, Resort Hotel, Theme Park Hotel, First World Hotel & so on. Like someone said earlier, it's a huge place, so it's kinda easy to get lost, lol

Genting Highlands is famous for it's Theme Park & It's Casino. I've been to the Theme Park since i was young , and the Casino, well last year when i was legal :D

You can take a bus to Genting Highlands, take the Genting Skyway or drive yourself up the long & winding road.

So, should you come to Genting Highlands when you visit Malaysia?

YES, OF COURSE!

And should you stay at the First World Hotel?

YES, OF COURSE! :-D
jessck jessck
Affordable yet clean hotel Apr 24, 2011
the room was not bad. two friends and i shared a twin room and there was lots of room. Its pretty clean and generally very worth it for a 2 night stay. Our room was overlooking the whole theme park too and because it was a holiday when we went there, we were treated with an awesome fireworks show from our room.

There are signs everywhere to help you get around, to the mall or the theme park. Everything was linked so its pretty convenient too. :) I would recommend it for a short getaway.
johnshir1 johnshir1
Small and just nice Mar 11, 2011
The number of rooms available are in terms of thousands. The housekeeping's job is certainly not easy but nevertheless, your room would be cleaned by the time you are back from enjoying yourself at the resort.

The only setback would be during mealtime where you would be given a coupon for buffet breakfast. It's like a mad rush people grab food as if there wouldn't be any more food left in this world.
gerashi gerashi
Affordable Theme park vacation Aug 15, 2011
I was surprised how this hotel was rated as 5 stars when I had a bedbugs problem my whole stay (3 days), I had high expectations knowing it was a 5 star hotel before arriving, it is a huge hotel, nice high views from the window, you could literally see the clouds beneath you from your room, amazing site.

The hotel is connected to the indoor theme park which also had all the restaurants and rides, the problem with that is that it trapped all the smalls of the chinese food that was cooked there, the smells were not nice.

again the food in Malaysia did not impress me at all, mostly tasteless.

but the pars and the rides were worth it,

imagine being on a roller coaster above the clouds, thats a thrill.

I only recommend a short stays.
The view from my room, you can see…
Pancakes i guess!
venice boats ride - indoor
scary ride. (the bullet)
wilber85 wilber85
You will probably get lost! Nov 14, 2010
Please ignore the value rating as I'm not sure how much it cost. My TB mate had sorted it all out for me.

This place has more rooms than any other hotel in the world. And boy, did I know it. Don't get drunk and try and remember where your room is, you won't find it, haha. Anyway, the rooms are clean, a bit small but I expected that. The showers were nice. You won't spend that much time in the rooms anyway as there is so much to do around Genting. So overall, it's a nice place and I would recommend it for a night or two.

A little tip- Go midweek and get there early as check-in can take up to 3 hours. They have over 6,000 rooms so it's not surprising!
WheresHelen says:
Totally agree on the LONG check-in time! If you reach the hotel lobby by 8:00am or 8:30am, you should be fine.
Posted on: Nov 22, 2010
raymasky raymasky
Humongous Hotel !! May 19, 2008
This hotel we stayed in has 6000+ rooms and currently holds the record for the worlds biggest hotel. It has 30 check in counters and believe me ..even then ,there were still people queuing up to check in. The best part about the whole genting resort is that all the hotels are interconnected with escalators and nice hallways ..so you really dont mind walking around and exploring a bit. The cafeteria and lunch hall is one of the biggest i've seen . In all ..a great place to stay.

First World Hotel Amenities