First Hotel Reisen

First Hotel Reisen Rates and Deals

First Hotel Reisen Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A really nice hotel in the centre of Stockholm Nov 30, 2010
I had stayed two days in Roserbergs Hotell och Konferens and it was time to stay the next two nights in the city centre of Stockholm. The temperature was still close to -20 degrees during the evenings and at night, so it was too cold for walking around in the snow filled streets. First Hotel Reisen was situated next to the water and the Royal Palace and it was amazing to watch the ships and the water not having turned into ice yet. It was like the water was boiling but it was just because the water was so much warmer than the air.

The taxi from work set me just in front of the hotel door and I walked up the stairs to the reception, my colleague stayed in it because we were leaving for a restaurant as soon as I had checked in.

A young friendly guy greeted me and asked if I had stayed there before and since it was my first time there I denied. He asked me if I was interested in an upgrade and I asked what that meant price- and roomwise. He would give me a deluxe room for 300 Swedish kroner (approximately 30 euro) extra per night. For this he would give me a larger room with a huge bathroom with Jacuzzi and Sauna. After having felt the cold all day I didn’t think for longer than 2 seconds. I took out my personal credit card and pay for the two nights upgrade.

I bet I smiled when I took the elevator up to 6th floor; the room was great and I just glazed at the sauna and Jacuzzi and were smiling thinking about what I would do after my dinner with my colleague. I dropped of my thinks and hurried down to the taxi.

When I arrived back I put full power on my two luxury items and spent the rest of the evening between the sauna and the Jacuzzi enjoying a couple of cold Heineken beer from the fridge; it was totally super.

The hotel room was otherwise quite large and had windows in full length of the room. There were a couple of large lounge chairs in one end and a large desk was splitting the room into the huge king size bed that was situated in the far end of the room. The hall had a large closet with ironing board and safe. The bathroom was large with Jacuzzi in one end and the sauna in the order; in between there were a gig sink with a large mirror.

Next morning I was actually a bit tired when I went down for breakfast because it was impossible for me to leave the warmth of my bathroom. The breakfast was served next to the bar and in the far end of the restaurant; it was a quite fair breakfast; actually one of the better ones I ever had in Stockholm.

Later that day I tried their restaurant and ended up being quite disappointed on the quality of the food in general; the starter was okay, I had a seafood bisque but the main course arrived almost at the same time and the homemade burger was truly boring and the meat quite dry.

I like everything about this hotel except the restaurant
The far end of the room
The lounge chairs
The desk
The bed
Chokk says:
Nice one, Tony
Posted on: Jul 17, 2014
tonygiglio says:
I'm going to stay in the same room soon!!! :)
Posted on: Jul 17, 2014
bernard69 says:
Seing your last pic,I can understand why u didn't like the restaurant!
Posted on: Dec 25, 2010

First Hotel Reisen Overview

The hotel is centrally in the old town, Gamla Stan district of Stockholm. The nearest metro station is 5 minutes away whilThe hotel is centrally in the old town, or Gamla Stan district, of Stockholm overlooking the water. The nearest metro station is 5 minutes away while the whole Stockholm's impressive collection of attractions, shops, nightlife is easily accessible on foot. e the whole Stockholm's impressive collection of attractions, shops, nightlife is easily accessible on foot.

A lovely boutique property in the Old Town overlooking the water with many historical features. The public areas are modern and trendy and the hotel also features a small pool and sauna in the basement cellar.

The hotel is a historic building with impressive architecture.

Rooms, all with a sea view, are medium in size and more traditional in style than the public areas of the hotel, keeping with the historic nature of the property. Decor is white linens with red accents and each room has a small desk and television. Bathrooms feature a bathtub with shower and Moulton Brown products.

The restaurant and bar at Hotel Reisen benefit from the pleasant view of where Lake Malaren meets the Baltic Sea. It serves Swedish dishes, both traditional and contemporary.

Lobby is small and modern and leads off to a small library, bar and the restaurant. ium in size with a welcoming atmosphere.

30 kms to the nearest airport (arly).

First Hotel Reisen Amenities

• Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower