First Hotel Bangkok

First Hotel Bangkok Rates and Deals

First Hotel Bangkok Reviews

edregin edregin
Unpleasant Stay Jan 15, 2011
If you have been in this hotel and had a good stay, you are lucky and I am happy for you. We normally have different experience but with me...It was unfortunately the worst hotel stay I've ever experienced. I don't want to remember how badly it went but here I am jotting down words to elaborate how it was (Good thing though when I stayed here it was only for a night and if ever I will definitely do an early departure).

It was the day I came from a backpacking trip in Cambodia and need to have a place to stay for the night to catch my flight back to Maldives, on the following day.

Its location is good. That's the reason why I booked it aside from being cheap and in the heart of the city's commercial shopping centers (Pratunam Market is near and thought of going for some cheap clothing items).

I was happy when I arrived at the hotel. It looked nice for the price I paid. Did a quick check in (the room looked pretty tidy), then I placed my luggage in the room and went straight to the places I need to visit before the night comes (had a day only in Bangkok, morning flight to Male that is). Well, everything seemed to be alright. I had a smile on my face.

Not until...the night came! When I arrived back in the hotel, I was too tired and thought of resting for awhile at the bed before refreshing myself and snooze off. But while watching TV at the bed made me uneasy. I felt like itchy all over. So I immediately took a shower. It must have been with the sweats and from the dirt I got from the day's itinerary.

Refreshed as I am I went back to bed and watched TV while thoughts are running in my head of going to the bar later for few drinks. But feeling very itchy again. There I came suspecting for bed bugs! So I stood up and remove the bed sheets and Oh God! I was not wrong!

I immediately called up and requested the hotel if they could move me to another room. Which they did after waiting for like two hours. The room I moved in was a twin bedded room again (this too I should complain but I didn't bother) the important thing is that I was moved to another room despite the busy occupancy at the hotel.

There was no changes at all. There was no point of changing the room. Bed bugs all over! It was a terrible night. I took pictures and killed some of them (sounds creepy but I did so I have a proof to show to the hotel!). I complained a lot but don't want to move to another room again (I was offered to move to another room but I declined it may be the same again!) I slept on the chair (on and off sleep).

In the morning, after my breakfast (which by the way of poor food selection, I thought I could at least make use of the money I paid through their food no avail...again) I tried to get hold of the duty manager but he's not available. The staff were sorry but there wasn't a sense of sincerity.

Left the hotel with so much disappointment. There will never be again a stay here and I whenever I hear a friend is going to Bangkok I always make sure none of them will book here!
deceiving! They only looked tidy!
all smiles and didn't know of the …
Bed bug 1
nice looking eh'
edregin says:
ey Mike, thank you too for the smile and the comment. Well, I wish they have improved now'
Posted on: Jan 15, 2011
NJTProadcruiser says:
Thanks for the heads up on the review..
Posted on: Jan 15, 2011
gujice gujice
A hotel in pratunam near the BTS and shopping area Jul 31, 2010
If you're into shopping this hotel is very close to the Platinum Mall, Pantip, Pratunam and Baiyoke Market. It's near the Ratchathewi BTS station too so exploring the city through the BTS is such a breeze. The single room is huge and the bed is comfortable and clean. The comfort room is clean too although a bit old and small. I like my comfort room's huge and squeaky-clean so this one failed me down a bit. They also offer a buffet breakfast with one additional table set out for their Muslim guests. The staff were very helpful and I didn't encounter any problems at all. They understand and speak English and also help me hail a meter taxi from the front of the hotel.
Bed in a single room.
There's the closet, the personal r…
The bathtub with the shower.

First Hotel Bangkok Overview

The First Bangkok is situated within the center of the city, providing close proximity of area attractions. This hotel in Bangkok provides guests with walking distance to shopping centers, restaurants, and nightlife venues. Nearby attractions include Siam Paragon, Patunam Market, and the Queen Sirikit Convention Center. The Suwarnabhoomi International Airport is situated just 40 minutes from the First Hotel Bangkok. The Sky Train station and the metro station are both within walking distance of the hotel.

There are a total of 350 guestrooms available at the accommodation. Amenities of the guestrooms include air-conditioning, cable television with on-demand movies, wireless Internet access, and private bathrooms with hairdryers and bathrobes.

Guests will find that the amenities and design of the First Hotel in Bangkok are modern. During their stay at the hotel, guests will be able to make use of a restaurant, a bar, a coffee shop, a banquet hall, and a convention center. In addition, the hotel offers a swimming pool, a sun deck, a fitness center, and a massage service.

First Hotel Amenities

• White board
  • Slide Projector
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower
  • En suite
  • Private Bathroom
  • Pool Outdoor
  • Live Music
  • Free Parking

Related Travel Blogs About First Hotel Bangkok

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…first time in my career in recruitment I did something worth a damn. I quit.             The Following few weeks were a blur of boozy…
Dan, Ben and Steves tour of South East Asia 2002
Wednesday 3rd April 2002 After 10 uncomfortable hours on lufthansa’s finest 747 we landed at Hong Kong’s Chek lap kok airport at about 7am, unfortunately we’d had seats in the middle row so di…hotel, we grabbed our bags and followed our man onto a very small boat that seemed rather unstable. One lad getting on was not happy with all the pushing…
Bangkok Trip - Day 3: Shopping Galore
For our third day, what we did is why most people would do when they visit Bangkok - shopping. Bangkok is a haven for bargain hunters with a lot of choices to choose from. The great thing about Bangk…first Bangkok trip, the hotel that we're staying at have a lot of Filipino entrepreneurs who would visit…

Check First Hotel Rates and Deals