Firehouse Restaurant & Bar

606 North 2nd Street, Harrisburg, PA, USA

Firehouse Restaurant & Bar Harrisburg Reviews

pinchora pinchora
Most delicious Soup I have ever HAD!!! Oct 20, 2008
The Firehouse restaurant first intrigued me because when I saw it I saw the restaurant was made from an old Fire Station and the Beer Taps were made out of a fire hydrant (who wouldn't want to see that).

So Ivan (igallos) and I came here for lunch. The service was very good and the ambiance was amazing. There was alot of thought put into the interior design of the building as you didn't feel like you were in some bland old place to eat.

The Menu is made to look like a fire burnt a hole through the center and upon looking at the menu I saw the same bland 'ol foods such as sandwiches and pasta...but then I looked to the left... and low and behold I saw what looked to be the most delicious salads I have ever saw ingredients for (I'm a salad person... I don't like salads with just iceberg lettuce and plain jane tomatoes... I like them with substance)... their salad selection includes the "CHICK & BELLO" SALAD, SOUTHWEST CHICKEN SALAD, MEDITERRANEAN ORZO SALAD, CRAB CAKE SALAD, and the STEAK & CALAMARI SALAD.

I ended up getting the Chick & Bello Salad which is based off of grilled chicken and portabella mushrooms and walnuts, dried cranberries and goat cheese over mixed greens while Ivan got the Steak and Calamari Salad which is Over mixed greens, chopped tomatoes, red onions, red peppers, with a pepper parmesan dressing. The salads were delicious and I also got the best Veggie soup I ever had (well, except it had lima beans in it)... but seriously I wanted more!

Ivan also got a Mojito and I ordered a drink off of the "seasonal" menu and got a Cinnamon Sangria... Ivan couldn't stop drinking the Mojito's and the Sangria was alright... come to think of it I don't recall it actually being called a cinnamon Sangria; it just tasted way too much like cinnamon that that's what I think it should be called! It had potential but they have to get back to work with it!

Over all the experience was positive... I don't know how the dinner menue was but the only thing that had pizzazz on the lunch was the salads and soups!
the bar is up the stair... the din…
Peek-A-Boo... I see you through th…
the front of the menu