Finnair Premium Lounge

Vantaa Airport near the non-schengen gates, Vantaa, Finland
09 8185799

Finnair Premium Lounge Vantaa Reviews

Vikram Vikram
The lounge even has a sauna for Pete's sake. Can we just say FABBO! Aug 22, 2017
So there are airline lounges, and then there are airline lounges. Helsinki's Vantaa airport continues to win awards as the best in Europe, and this lounge no doubt has played a big role in its success. Finnair has two lounges: one in the Schengen area and the other in the non-schengen area, which is where I went to as I was headed to the UK. The lounge is not only open to Premium flyers on Finnair but to oneworld Emerald and Sapphire members. The lounge stays open 6a-10pm.

To say the lounge is amazing is an understatement. But if I were to tell you how I really felt, this review would go on forever! Everything about the lounge represents what I saw in Helsinki - slick Scandinavian design, peace and quiet, the use of natural and earth colours and wood based designs, attention to detail (esp. w.r.t the tableware), Marimekko designs and, yes - A SAUNA!!

As I visited early morning, it was breakfast "eat all you want" buffet style. Unlike other lounges, this one doesn't have a la carte option. The breakfast options though are very good and cater to all dietary needs. What also saves the day is the barista who'll make you hot beverage than the self service machine we find at other airline lounges.

The ambience is incredible: white and off-white tones with mood lighting gives the place a very sparse yet royal feel. The adage "less is more" definitely rings true here. The wifi is strong, and there's enough space to work including a quiet zone.

Finally, the bathrooms and toilets are very clean, although lacked supervision (it was a bit too DIY for my liking, for instance what if I wanted to shave - no one in sight to provide me a razor). But the highlight is the sauna! That really made me chuckle. I had about 30 minutes before boarding commnenced, so for the heck of it, I decided to try it. Whilst it quite didn't have the feel of the community sauna, it was a brilliant idea to have a miniature version in here. I really enjoyed it, and it was heated quite well! I can imagine this is very welcome for long haul flyers!

The only area of improvement I'd cite is, it would be good if there was a WC inside the bathrooms. There is only one set of WCs (to be shared by the casual lounge user and the ones wishing to shower), with lack of signage. Plus, with no one around to guide, I had a hard time figuring it out. Again, 1st world problems, LOL!

All in all, this lounge really sets the tone for what national carriers' flagship lounges should be. British Airways, hope you're taking notes!
Entrance to the non-schengen Premi…
The first that greets you on entry…
Lounge common area
Lounge common area
starship1 says:
Wow! Fantastic lounge -- it would be so easy to get used to this lifestyle!
Posted on: Aug 31, 2017