Finley's BBQ

1500 W Broadway, Louisville, KY, USA

Finley's BBQ Louisville Reviews

Best BBQ Ribs in the 'Hood Apr 12, 2008
I found Finley's about a year ago while driving through Louisville on my way to Lexington. Didn't have any knowledge of the place...just hungry and know that old industrial areas are some of the best places for good BBQ. This was my fourth time to Finley's and am highly recommending based on food that is consistent in quality, portions and the stories you walk away with.

I was returning from Lexington, coming up on Louisville at 4pm, and wanted to avoid the rush hour - so dialed-in the GPS to Finley's. After weaving through town, I pulled in around 4:30. A collection of blue-collar and professionals were hanging around waiting on their orders. Some in their cars, others at the red and white checkered tables under the awning. I wanted something for the refridge at home, so I ordered up a slab and grabbed a seat at one of the tables.

Seated at the table, you know you can't go wrong. Hickory smoke drifts through the area, giving you a hint of what's to come. Conversation with others confirms your suspicions - this is the place to be.

Soon, a conversation was started with a middle-aged lady, dressed up and carrying 8x10 portraits of herself. It turned out that her daughter had convinced her to get some new pics of herself. The gentleman in the pink button-up shirt was working on getting a copy from her...and never let up. I asked him why he figured success in this endeavor...and is comment was, "I lie for a livin', I'm a car dealer!" I'm not sure of the outcome, as my order was ready.

The ribs are full-length, fall-apart tender and boy, are they saucy! White bread is served with all ribs. Be sure to get the candied yams as a side and sweet potato pie for dessert...and don't plan on eating for a while.

kilnmaster says:
i agree this is the best bbq I have ever tasted. I travel through louisville alot and always stop. THIS IS THE BEST!!!!!
Posted on: Jul 03, 2008