Fingerlakes Wine Country

New York, United States

Fingerlakes Wine Country Reviews

annamaria45 annamari…
A nice getaway- if you enjoy wine! Jul 23, 2011
I went for 2 nights which was just right. We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Ithaca which was very clean and they give you a free breakfast each morning. Plus, it's a reasonable full service hotel which I prefer to the many bed & breakfasts. The main reason to go to the Fingerlakes is for touring the vineyards. Of course there are other things to do but... We went on a tour that lasted several hours. They picked us up at our hotel and we went to several beautiful vineyards and tasted lots of different wines and got tours of each vineyard. There are countless vineyards around each of the Fingerlakes. We were on the Cayuga Lake wine trail for our tour and it was a gorgeous lake. The scenery beautiful. And I thought you had to go to California for this sort of thing. Granted it may not be quite the same but it really is worth checking out. Be sure to go during harvest (Sept/ early Oct) as there will be much more to experience at that time of year like festivals and grape stomping, etc. Book your hotel/ tour early!!
New York Map