Finding your way around the airports

Atlanta, Georgia

Finding your way around the airports Atlanta Reviews

airbud airbud
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport May 28, 2012
On May 12, 2012 I took my first flight and was all by my lonesome self. I was anxious to see my kids on Mother's Day, but nervous about finding my way through the airport and not missing my flight.

As it turned out, as usual, I worried needlessly. I am directionally challenged and if I can do it - ANYone can.

The Atlanta International Airport is like a huge mall with shopping and restaurants everywhere. I did, however, get lost. When I departed from the plane into the airport I thought I was following the "Baggage Claim" signs but ended up in Lostville, way on the other end of the airport where I had no business being. Oh Goody! A Starbucks! I stopped for an iced mocha and directions to baggage claim. The Starbucks girls were very helpful. They directed me to the train and explained to me what to do.

So, for any newbies who are wondering what the heck to do - here you go, from one dummy to another. j/k

When you get off the plane, you will be inside the airport. Forget about your parents' teachings about not following the crowd and follow the crowd to "Baggage Claim" - especially if you're meeting someone there. Look up for a BIG sign that says BAGGAGE CLAIM with an arrow pointing. Follow the arrows. Then when you see a sign that says TRAIN to BAGGAGE CLAIM, follow that one and get on the train. The train is NOT like a choo-choo train rolling around outside the airport. It's like a subway transport running "through" the airport. When the train doors open, hop on and hold on to the pole. Don't dance on it, just hold it. When the train stops, get off and go up the escalators to baggage claim. Once you begin going up the escalator you cannot go back. This is the point of no return.If you get lost, go to Starbucks or any store you see and ask for help. They’re friendly and will direct you.
landontrav says:
I was in Atlanta on business last week and used the code UNLIMITEDRIDES on the Lyft app as a joke and it kept giving my friends and I $20 off every ride we took. Not sure if it's a limited time promo or what. It seems to only work on new phones that have just downloaded the app, but still cool! Hope that helps!
Posted on: Jun 16, 2015