Fin de Siecle

Fin de Siecle - showcased local art

Fin de Siecle Brussels Reviews

Jo104 Jo104
Honest affordable Belgium cuisine Feb 11, 2017
First thing you need to know when you come here is that there are no bookings, often you will share a table and it is strictly cash only.

The food menu is displayed on a blackboard and is iconically belgium very hearty with genourous portions.

They offer rabbit, chicons and some other belgium favourites. You won't be dissapointd with whatever you choose I have eaten here twice and will always come back.

On the 2 occassions we have shared our table and had a wonderful evening getting to know our table companions. Be prepared to queue when busy it is worth the wait.

They showcase local artist's work so it changes regularly.
Eisbein
stew with prunes
showcased local art
vicIII says:
Jo, it's always great to have a look at your stories and photographs...
Posted on: Feb 22, 2017
danorwick danorwick
Jul 22, 2007
After finding it almost impossible to stumble across a reasonably priced restaurant which served food which had some Belgian character, we decided to ask the barman at the rocking Bizon bar not far from Bourse metro station. His suggestion led us not far down the road to a very busy restaurant, owned by a bearded, extroverted guy, which created a terrace with chairs simply moved out of the restaurant onto the quiet road outside. The food was displayed only on a single board inside the shop, and consisted largely of rich meaty-sounding dishes and the occasional fish dish. When the orders arrived at the table, it was apparent that everything would be served with a baked potato and salad. The food was of good quality, but to me there was something lacking, be it the lack of the rich flavours I was anticipating or perhaps the accompaniments not suiting the lamb I was eating. However, my companions were more than pleased by their meals so it is likely that I was being unfairly harsh on what was presented to me.

Check Brussels Hotel Deals