Fin de Siecle

Rue des Chartreux 9, Brussels, Belgium

Fin de Siecle Brussels Reviews

danorwick danorwick
Jul 22, 2007
After finding it almost impossible to stumble across a reasonably priced restaurant which served food which had some Belgian character, we decided to ask the barman at the rocking Bizon bar not far from Bourse metro station. His suggestion led us not far down the road to a very busy restaurant, owned by a bearded, extroverted guy, which created a terrace with chairs simply moved out of the restaurant onto the quiet road outside. The food was displayed only on a single board inside the shop, and consisted largely of rich meaty-sounding dishes and the occasional fish dish. When the orders arrived at the table, it was apparent that everything would be served with a baked potato and salad. The food was of good quality, but to me there was something lacking, be it the lack of the rich flavours I was anticipating or perhaps the accompaniments not suiting the lamb I was eating. However, my companions were more than pleased by their meals so it is likely that I was being unfairly harsh on what was presented to me.

Check Brussels Hotel Deals