Fifu Guest House and Hotel

Check Jaisalmer Hotel Deals

Fifu Guest House and Hotel Jaisalmer Reviews

Jacqinmiddenamerika Jacqinmi…
Fifu Guesthouse, a great place to stay Aug 13, 2009
Fifu Guest House in Jaisalmer is a great place to stay, I loved the rooftopterrace from which you can see the whole area and the Jaisalmer Fort. There's even a nice kitchen which serves delicious meals on to the rooftop terrace. The owner's of Fifu guesthouse are very friendly and trying to make you feel at home at their great place. They've got internet and laundry services, but also arrange trips to the nearby desert.
sylviandavid says:
sounds like a great place...
Posted on: Sep 23, 2009
dolfijn dolfijn
not enough words to discribe this wonderfull and pleasant stay! Sep 02, 2009
We stayed here only for two nights.

Fifu Guest House is run by Fifu (Om Prakash Kewalia) and Jitu (Jitendra Bissa) and their father Mr Bhanwar Lal Kewalia, a retired professor. The two brothers run the property very professional and very well-kept.

Fifu and Jitu are very friendly and trying to make you feel at home at their place. Fifu and Jitu, were most welcoming. Both speak excellent English. Fifu also speaks Spanish and some German.

Fifu and Jitu have been working in the hospitality service industry in Jaisalmer since 1996, when they set up a desert and camel safari business. They have there own travel agency.

Hotel Fifu started in 2000 and has slowly grown over the last few years, being renovated in 2006. Now they have 3 hotels in Jaisalmer.

1. Fifu Guest House

2. Hotel Monsoon Palace; located in the Fort of Jaisalmer.

3. Jasmin Haveli; located next to Fifu Guest House. Constructed in Jaisalmer sandstone in traditional style. Opened october 2009.

Fifu Guest House in Jaisalmer is a great place to stay.

When we arrived we were welcomed with traditional chai (Indian tea) but we skip this because we could become sick of this tea. So we got another drink.

Jitu give us directly lot of advise about Indian traditions/costums and tips for traveling in India. Which helped us a lot right away.

The Hotel has twelve rooms on three floors. The rooms are all double rooms with air-conditioning (silent) and have an attached western style bathroom/toilet. The north facing rooms have a view to the Jaisalmer Fort from a window seat. The south facing rooms have a desert view from a window seat. The rooms are clean and nice decorated (I believe in traditional Jaisalmer style). I founded the rooms very comfortable, nicely and quiet decorated. A room where you really can relax and rest good. Also the view is gorgeous! We had a room with view on the Jaisalmer Fort.

The hotel has three separate terraces where you can relax and enjoy the panoramic view to the Jaisalmer Fort.

I loved the rooftopterrace from which you can see the whole area and the stunning view on Jaisalmer Fort. On the rooftopterrace you can relax with a book or just enjoy the silent and the view.

There's even a nice kitchen which serves delicious meals on to the rooftop terrace. Not only Indian or vegetarian food also European food.

Hotel Fifu offers a range of services;

-They can organise desert camel safaris and sightseeing trips to local monuments.

-They can make arrangements for bus, train and air tickets and car hire.

-Laundry service is available at various fixed prices.

-Wireless broadband connection is available in the hotel (hourly rate).

-A doctor is on call 24 hours a day.

-Money exchange services are also available.

They don't want you to tip the personal/staff personally. There is a tipbox and they will split the tip between the staffmembers, which I think is a very good idea.

I hope to come back to Jaisalmer and then I will stay here again or in one of their other hotels. I really recommend everyone to stay here. I founded my stay very pleasant, nice and relaxing. I founded very pitty to go.

We were not molested at all here and that is the first time since I have arrived in India to experience that.

Website:http://www.hotelfifu.com

(NOTE: copied some details about Fifu Guesthouse for this review from the site of Fifu Guesthouse, with permission of Fifu and Jitu)
the lobby
Fifu Guest House
room
view from Fifu Guest house on Jais…
halilee says:
I stayed here as well back in October of 2012, fantastic hotel!! Really enjoyed our stay! :)
Posted on: Sep 19, 2013
sylviandavid says:
nice review...
Posted on: Oct 12, 2009
dolfijn says:
I hope you will make it one day to here, it is so nice place to stay. Thnxs for your comment!
Posted on: Oct 10, 2009
mikehil mikehil
Nov 10, 2007
A lovely small hotel about 5 minutes rickshaw ride from the Old Fort, and about 10 minutes from the station. Fifu, the owner, was most welcoming - and spoke excellent English (and Spanish and some German). He and his staff ran a very well-kept place, currently being extended, but not too much. The view from the rooftop restaurant towards the Fort is stunning. Go for a - slightly - more expensive room on a higher floor, where yuo get a great Fort view too.
Jaisalmer Fort - from Fifu Guestho…

Check Jaisalmer Hotel Deals