FiftyFive Bar

31 Jamestown Road, London, United Kingdom

FiftyFive Bar London Reviews

2win 2win
Nov 02, 2007
Well I'd never actually heard of this place until my friend came across it. She fell in love with it immediately and so I decided I had to check it out for myself.

We got there for about six, and surprisingly it was packed! Maybe it was because of the happy hour! 2 for 1 cocktails between 6-8! We were glad we'd reserved a table (for free-always a bonus) and got straight to the first cocktail. My friend already new she wanted a rasberry mohito. Me, not being much of a mojito fan, opted for a frozen mango daiquiri. It was as good as she described! not only was it a huge glass, but it was 2 of them for under a fiver!

The bar was constantly busy, and so we decided to get as many drinks in as possible before happy hour was up! My friend went for her fave, a cosmo, while i decided on a Lemon meringue martini. Unfortunately, they were out of meringue, so i settled with a white russian instead. The last time i'd had such a strong white russain was in Prague! But it was good!

By 8, the end of happy hour, we were too drunk to get any more alcohol down us so we decided to head off to a club instead.

Overall the bar was awesome. Pretty small, but intimate. Really nice staff (we're actually booking them for my mates house-warming cocktail party!) and decor was nice too. The music was good. Mainly rock/indie, not somerhing we would necessarily dance to on a friday night, but im an indie girl, so i was familiar with the tracks.

Awesome points to add! They have live music on certain days. There's an extra room upstairs where unsigned/up-and-coming bands perform. They also have rubber floors. It the whole budweiser advert effect!..and it works! although you have to be trained to get it right! Bar men were all hot!...which meant asking for cocktails such as the 'screaming orgasm' had us in fits of laughter! especially after a white russian or two!

Would advise anyone who is in london to head down to this cosy bar in Camden. Guaranteed good night out!
Gta get as many dwn me before happ…

Check London Hotel Deals