Feta Vie

Feta Vie - Inside and the bar

Feta Vie Ixelles Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Feta Vie Nov 10, 2009
It was just one of these days where I was too lazy to do any home cooking after work; it was also a special day because the following day was a holiday here in Belgium.

I walked around in my neighbourhood to check out one of the many places I had not tried before. My choice fell on a Greek restaurant not that far from where live; actually not more than 1 km.

The choice I made for my starter was the grilled gambas, which usually are delicious. They arrived 15 min later on a plate and looked really great all dressed up for dinner! They were arranged in a circle on a salad, with a dressing based on green pesto. The gambas were in general very good, maybe two of them had a little too much time on the grill but the garlic sauce and the lemon twist made them dance all the way to my hungry mouth.

I had chosen a rather young red wine; a Merlot from 2007, that was supposed to accompany the gambas but also my mezze meat mix, which was my main dish. The wine was a Nico Lazaridi from Greece and the region of Agora. The wine felt young, smooth and was good with the spicy twist from my gambas. It held almost 13 degrees and it went well with the following dish as well.

While I was sitting there; loads of people entered, which was nothing that I had anticipated. Around 21.15 the restaurant was almost full and the talk was going well on the tables and across them. Loads of women had entered; it was a typical place where girlfriends had a nice evening out alone.

My main dish was good but not more, there were all that I needed to get full, but it was not like a Greek feast. The mixed dish I ordered consisted of chicken, veal, lamb in a mixed grill solution on a base of salad; in my opinion they would have succeeded much better with the sauce from the starter

One of the more fun things that evening was one lady at one of the other tables who had a laugh like a sea lion in heat; it was absolutely awesome! She kept on screaming for more than 15 min. It sounded like she was breathing while she was strangled and was having fun at the same time. I wonder how often her neighbours had called the police, it sounded like a mix of the Boston strangler and a sodomy mishaps.

I decided against my will and all odds to go for a dessert based only of the smile of the waitress. As a dessert I choose the Tarte Tartin because it reminded me of that I just had received a young and very strong bottle of homemade calvados from one of my friends and that would be wonderful to soak the apples in. As support I choose a French coffee powered by Grand Marnier.

The dessert was almost great, but a small corner of the Tartin was burned and that did not taste that good. Otherwise there were a good connection between the Tarte and the flambé.

My French coffee was not there as fast as I had hoped, but maybe I had a small benefit because I had time to catch my breath between the different dishes I had ordered. They sweet waitress told me that they had run out of Grand Marnier just before I got my French coffee and they would like to exchange it with Amaretto which actually is quite wonderful.
Outside in the summer
Inside
Inside
Inside and the bar
JP-NED says:
Sounds great Chris!
the choise of food and wine, perfect!
Posted on: Nov 10, 2009