Fes Parker Winery & Vineyard

www.fessparker.com - (805) 688-1545

Fes Parker Winery & Vineyard Los Olivos Reviews

williamsworld williams…
Great "Coonskin" Wine May 27, 2010
This is one of those have to stop in and visit places. I was very familiar with Fes Parker from tv and I saw his tasting room on the movie Sideways. I know, everything seems to evolve around that movie on this trip. Somewhat, only because it is so cool to see all the actual places they used and to think I could have been one of the extras in that movie. I was also hoping to get a audience with the man himself, but unfortunately he passed away a month or so before this trip.

There were a lot of good things about this place. I really liked that we got there early enough to pretty much have the place to ourselves. I know that sounds horrible, but the early bird does get the worm or in this case, the larger pour.

The grounds were very nice and well kept. I enjoyed walking around the vineyards and smelling the roses and just rubbing my fingers through the rosemary bushes. There are plenty of tables for picnicking and some really well groom lawns. This place is also dog friendly.

Inside, found the staff to be very helpful and knowledgeable. They were also very very friendly and served us all that we requested. There was no fee taste, at least we didn’t pay for anything and because of that I bought more than I should have. Each tasting comes in a glass with the coonskin cap logo on it. The glass is yours to keep if you pay for the tasting, but they were so nice they allowed us to take two of them home and wouldn’t you know that mine was broken when I arrived back in Texas.

I really enjoyed stepping up to the bar and sampling a wide variety of their wines. The Vionger was so clean and crisp, the red table wine, which was at a really good price, found its way into my bag as well as the Syrah. I would suggest you find any of these and enjoy them with a meal, a friend or a good movie. The wine, the tasting room, the staff the concept and the history make this a great place to visit and a great wine to enjoy. Salute
Me in front of Fes Parker