Ferry Service

Labuan, Malaysia

Ferry Service Labuan Reviews

Airportman Airportm…
Taking the ferry from Kita Labuan Island to Brunei and back Jun 08, 2011
I wanted to visit Brunei and since it's 1 hour away from Labuan Island by ferry, Karena and I decided to go there. We had the bellboy of The Grand Dorsett Labuan Hotel bought us 2 ferry tickets to Brunei and it costed is 40 MYR/RM( 10 euro or around 13,50 US dollars) per ticket. They were first class tickets.

You can also buy the tickets yourself at the ferry terminal. But we wanted to check at the hotel if they maybe a tour package to Brunei. That wasn't the case.

The operating company this time was Isro Shipping SDN. and the ferry itself was the Ming Hai. The boat looked pretty decent and first class looked a bit better then on the ferry to Labuan from Kota Kinabalu.

The journey to and from Brunei took 1 hour each. Make sure to bring your passport, since you will leave Malaysia and travel to another country, Brunei.

For the journey back, Karena and I bought ferry tickets at the ferry terminal of Serasa/Muara. It was for the Sri Labuan Tiga Express and the cost for the tickets were 17 Bruneian Dollar (around 10 euros or around 13,50 US dollars) per ticket.

Make sure to have enough BND left, because it's not always possible to exchange money at the ticket counter. I was barely in time before the exchange counter closed.

The ferry seemed okay, but the seating where just rows of 3 seats next to each other. Leg room for tall people is minimal I found out. Luckily, mthe seat in front me was turned around (for what purpose????), so my knees were free from the back of the seat.
Labuan departure hall