Ferry El Che Guevara

00505 2563 0665

Ferry El Che Guevara San Jorge Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A visit to the island of King Kong May 13, 2010
In order to bring our car to la Isla Ometepe we had to take the little car ferry named Ferry El Che Guevara that sailed from San Jorge to Moyogalpa.

The ferry was quite small; my guess was that it could take 12 - 14 cars, and we were lucky that we went there in the low season, because we had not reserved tickets; we just went there and it turned out that we were the only car besides two truck bringing food to the island. Even though we were almost alone we had to back our small Yaris on the ferry. The crew had everybody up and going just because I backed onboard and after getting the car in wanted position the put wooden blocks under the wheels.

Taking the ferry in the high season is a bit more difficult according to material we could find in the books. You have to book 72 hours in advance and pay the ticket on a certain bank account and so on!

The ferry was quite old and had enjoyed its virgin trip some years earlier; I have no idea how old it was but it looked solid enough. The whole front of the captain’s bridge was covered with the icon portrait of Che Guevara, and the name at least 3 or 4 times. I had never seen that before.

The trip went well even though the sea was quite rough some places; I remember that I was wondering if the car had moved around on the boat while it was moving the most. The trip took close to an hour, that went quite fast because there were so many new things to look at.

The view during the ferry trip was totally stunning and the closer we got to Ometepe the more I felt like I was in the old King Kong movie. The two volcanoes Concepcion and Maderas were absolute a wonderful and picturesque sight with beaches and forest at their feet.
Ferry El Che Guevara
Concepcion - this is Nicaragua
The is where they wanted the car.
Nice waves on the Lake Nicaragua w…

Compare Rivas Hotel Rates (4.1km away)

Ferry El Che Guevara Map