Ferringhi Gardens

Batu Ferringhi, Penang, Malaysia

Ferringhi Gardens Penang Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Garden Dining Feb 19, 2012
The first thing that will strike you about this restaurant located in the stretch of restaurants/ hawker stalls/ tiny coffeeshops is the lushes greenery surrounding this restaurant.

I must say this is the most attractive restaurant in the entire Jalan Batu Ferringhi. Not even the restaurant with the Ship is as attractive (besides I have been warned that the Ship restaurant tends to overcharge tourists.

My bf and I decided that this restaurant would be the perfect place for our last night in Penang having passed by it a couple of times during the day.

It is situated right beside Masjid Jamek Ar Rahman (I remember because it was prayer time when we sat down to have our dinner!).

The crowd here is mainly tourist (of course) westerners mainly. The decor is such - lots of rich, polished timber floors, ceiling fans and wooden tables covered in crisp white table linen. You can choose to dine indoors or outdoors. We chose outdoors but away from the waterwall features as there was a big crowd that night. I must say that the place looks even prettier at night with the dim lighting which adds to the romantic atmosphere amidst the lush plants, trees and flowers.

We ordered the grill seafood platter, 2 fruit juices each and creme brulee and it only came up to RM200 which is pretty cheap. We were very full as there was a little too much cheese in the seafood. Perhaps it would have tasted better if we had ordered wine to go with it.

So I would definitely recommend this place for the ambience, the food was good but could have been better (or maybe my tastebuds are a bit hard to please lol!)
my yum yum platter
theonionlady theonion…
My most favourite restaurant on the planet! Jan 30, 2010
Ferringhi Gardens is worth searching for. Located in Batu Ferringhi, (Penang) it is five-star silver service dining, in a tropical exotic location. It is by far my most favourite restaurant in the world. I have even flown into Penang just for a day to be able to have dinner here. It is an exceptional and exquisite dining experience.

The first thing that strikes you is the ambience and the attention to detail. Hundreds of hanging plants with exotic tropical flowers, and huge clay pots on the expansive timber and terracotta floors. Among the gardens, linen tableclothes grace each table which is exquisitely set all ready for you. A large water way with massive gold cod muffles the sounds of the noisy traffic outside.

The wait staff are trained to provide outstanding service, even providing a small foldout timber table to place your handbag on. All the waiters will hover at a distance far enough away not to intrude, but close enough to cater to your every need.

But the setting is just the beginning and the menu is the best part. A wide range of meals are on offer - Western Wagyu steaks, Thai, Indian, Malay... but it's not overwhelming. My favourite is the lobster and steak. The price is expensive comapared to cheaper meals in Penang, but a meal will only cost about US$30. It also has an extensive wine list.

The restaurant is popular but you don't need to book unless you want a specific table or for a large group. There are several different eating areas so you can sit among the flowers or inside in the airconditioning, on a whole verandah is great for a function, or a private setting in one of the bungalow areas.

Diners will be dressed to the nines, or will still have sand on the feet from the beach (which is only a few feet away).

It's worth flying into Penang just to visit Ferringhi Gardens Restaurant. Look out for me, cause I may just be there!
One of the bungalows at the car pa…
Just one of the many many evenings…
snzombie says:
It's a nice restaurant ... Food was good :)
Posted on: Jul 03, 2011
dkiat says:
Thanks for the review. Must remember to try this when I head down to Penang!
Posted on: Jan 30, 2010