Fernsehturm Stuttgart

120 Jahnstra├če, Stuttgart, Germany

Fernsehturm Stuttgart Reviews

missandrea81 missandr…
A view that's worth a visit Oct 13, 2012
The Stuttgart TV Tower in Degerloch is the oldest of its kind. It was built from 1954-56 and designed by Fritz Leonhardt. But enough about history. ;)

My husband and I were invited to a party at the tower. We visited the top floor for the beautiful view over Stuttgart. The elevator ride (5 Euro) took about a minute, and wasn't nauseating, like e.g. The Empire State Building one. We were able to see all of Stuttgart and its many little suburbs. Schlossplatz was easy to spot and so were the fest grounds complete with fair wheel and roller coasters.

We went to the "OBEN" bar on the floor beneath the viewing platform. That's were we surprised our guest of honor for her upcoming big birthday. After a glass of Prosecco we went to the restaurant "UNTEN" on the ground floor. We had made reservations, but from what I could tell, if you're not coming with a large group you'll be able to get seated without a problem.

The food was outstanding! The menu is small,but upscale. It's a bit pricey, but I've never tasted better beef in my life. The service was okay, for us being such a large group of people (20).

I can recommend the TV tower for a sight seeing visit accommodated by a nice dinner and a drink or two.

Also, there is free parking right by the tower, and a U-Bahn stop is close by as well.
Me and the Stuttgart TV tower
It's tall!
Hours of Operation
Started building in June 1954 was …
missandrea81 says:
Thank you all very much for stopping by!
Posted on: Oct 16, 2012