Fernloft KL @ Chinatown

Check Kuala Lumpur Hotel Deals

Fernloft KL @ Chinatown Kuala Lumpur Reviews

pensacolapyro pensacol…
Hostel in the heart of Kuala Lumpur Jun 30, 2015
The Fern Loft Hostel was my first hostel experience. I was a bit scared to share a room with many other people. This was a 20 person room consisting of 10 bunk beds with 3 bathrooms down the hall. This was a mixed dorm so both boys and girls. Let me get straight to the point, I had the time of my life. I met and hung out with so many fun and interesting people. This was the most fun I have had traveling solo in my life. I also happen to be here for New Yers 2013.

So the nitty gritty, room was nice. It had air condition but they only turned it on at night. For the most part no one was in it during the day and it was not too warm. The bathroom and showers were down the hall and were nice with hot water. Each bed had its own locker to store your stuff, but bring your own padlock. The gathering room had many places to sit, some computers to use, TV, wifi, drinks and some other amenities. The upstairs and top balcony had the free simple breakfast area and laundry. Laundry machine was a bit high, go down the road to the laundrymat and get a better price, they even had dryers so you did not have to hang dry your clothes. Ok, so all this for RM 20 or about $6 USD.

The location is basically in Chinatown, you can see the mass rail transit and get on at the Pasar Seni LRT. You can see and walk to central market. A bit further you can go to the Petronas Towers for your famous picture.

I met so many fun people from around the world. This was a nice surprise to stay here for 3 days and so cheap. The only bad thing was the bunkbeds were really cheap, they kinda wiggle when you are in them, so you can feel your bunk mate move if you are a light sleeper like me. I would recommend staying here, it is a good place for location and meeting people.
WalterC says:
I hate that rule where the AC is only allowed on at night.
Posted on: Jun 30, 2015
trippin_jen says:
20 people in 1 room is a bit too crowded?? And with only 3 bathrooms, wow you need to wait a long time. Would be good to see some photos?
Posted on: Jun 29, 2015

Fernloft KL @ Chinatown Overview

Set just outside the city centre this Kuala Lumpur hostel is within a 10 minute walk to Jamek Mosque, Merdeka Square and Sultan Abdul Samad Building. The area is famous for shopping. The hostel is within a two minute walk from Central Market.

Fernloft KL @ Chinatown Amenities

• High-speed Internet
  • Air Conditioned
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower