Fender Skirts Pub

140 S Kolb Road, Tucson, AZ, USA

Fender Skirts Pub Tucson Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
A Duet callde Double Shot Aug 28, 2008
One Saturday night last weekend (May 14, 2008)! (Of strangers that rock our worlds)

I have written about being spontaneous, instinctive, and impulsive - those are all things I do and sometimes I regret them. One such time is last Saturday when my friend Guy (www.travbuddy.com/proud_to_serve ) took me out for a drink. The evening began with a glass of red wine, dancing at home and progressed towards a tiny little bar called the FENDER SKIRTS at the intersection of Broadway and Kolb road. It so happened to be the very first bar he and I ever went to when we met 2 years ago.

The Fender Skirts is such a small bar that is easily disregarded because in the daytime it is quite simply a name on the wall and an entrance that is securely locked. Across from it is a grocery store and a gas station. At night however it is a typical bar, but what sets it apart from the ‘typical" bar is that they do have live band playing every weekend with new artists that the bar promotes. Fender skirts like Chicago bar is a sports bar with live music. On Fridays they have a duet called double shot that plays everything from Country(Johnny Cash) to Bob Seger/ Tom Petty. A must hear!!

Guy decided I should dress "sexy" so I can make the ladies jealous (can you believe him?). Well I tried and turned out with a little red skirt, black top and ‘cowboy boots since he had his on (do you see me in boots? I mean cowboy boots? I look absolutely ridiculous, never seen a black cow girl, I would fall down laughing, lol! We decided since we would be consuming some al-co-hole, we should consider leaving the car packed at the bar and get a cab to go tot he other 2 places we had in mind including ‘Boondocks - it never happened though.

At the entrance, we met a cowboy and his girlfriend: the cowboy had a pipe (I must make mention of this - the pipe actually had great smelling tobacco, not the cheap kind that stinks). They were taking photos and Guy having been caught under my spell of picture taking decided we should join them, they made for such an interesting/ charming couple. The entrance fees to the bar was $5.00 per person, neither of us had cash: but as luck would have it, Guy was recognized by one of the guys he had recruited into the army a few years ago • we entered freeeeeeee, yesss!

We ordered drinks at the bar, a Margarita for me and a dirty Martini for guy. He did not lose time making friends and soon we were talking to a couple we did not know. The music was great and the crown grew bigger as the night progressed. We decided to dance • guy owed me a dance from the year before (o’ he Is quite the dancer too, lol!). After two songs, we ordered refills; at the bar we met two guys people watching (I honestly don’t remember their names). They were so much fun to be around • it felt like being back in London in a typical British pub except this one allowed the women in and had a dance floor, heheheee. It felt like traveling through time . . .

As if to relieve the Vegas TB meet, I decided we would do 2 shots of Patron and Grey goose interchangeably • the boys absolutely loved it. The night was shot lived, as we could not contain as much of the fun as we thought we could, lol. I thought I would share of "the strangers that cross our was something of a Friday night, lol!

The only thing I did not like was the luck of snacks, the owner’s of the bar could invest a little money in snacks –it takes money to make money ya know?

Check Tucson Hotel Deals