Felix Continental Cafeq

36 Plaza Square, Orange, CA, USA

Felix Continental Cafeq Orange Reviews

Raja_ Raja_
Affordable yet exquisite food from Cuba and Spain... Jul 23, 2008
Where do I start about this place?

I went to visit my friend Roubi in Orange, Cali (half way between San Diego and LA) as one of the last stops on my cross country road trips. She suggested this "Cuban restaurant" that was on "the circle" down the street from her house. Considering she has good taste and I LOVE Latin food, it was a no brainer.

Considering the area, I was surprised at how inexpensive the food was. the restaurant is located in a very "hip" part of town called "The Circle". I didn't get a chance to explore much but it felt like a laid back part of town. Anyway, THE FOOD WAS AMAZING. I would have easily paid twice what I paid for the meal. I was on a road trip so I played it safe and ordered a Cuban sandwich which is a favorite of mine. Needless to say, it was the best one I've ever had! I almost ordered an additional one to GO! My friend Roubi suggested that we take the soup instead of the salad. The soup/salad didn't come with my meal but I tasted a friend's and it was very good. So if you ever go, take the soup!

I had a chance to sample some of the other dishes that came to the table. Roubi ordered the Papas y Carne (Potatoes and Beef) which was even better that what I had! David had Roasted Chicken Cubano which was probably the best meal on the table. THIS DISH COMES HIGHLY RECOMMENDED from me!

The portions were more than enough - and for the price, I can't see how others compete.

Additionally, dessert was included free with the meal. I didn't taste what others had, but my Tres Leche (3 milk cake) was unbelievable.

If you are ever in Orange County, California, I HIGHLY recommend this place!
Eric says:
interesting, will have to try this place out
Posted on: Jul 29, 2008