Feel At Home

Check Singapore Hotel Deals

Feel At Home Singapore Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Feel At Home - whatever May 09, 2013
Feel At Home was the last hostel that I tried in Singapore during my stay of couple weeks. Location is very good, right in the middle of the Arab District and close to metro station. Price was standard for this area and it is 20 Singapore Dollars. As usual in all hostels that I have been in the city of Singapore there is at least couple people living there for longer periods and they are usually workers or people trying to get work in town. In my dorm there was a guy that lived there for a month and working on the close by construction site. I don’t know about feel at home thing… this is second hostel with the same name, both run by Indians, and both have nothing to do with home or feelings of being at home. Actually family that owns the place lives in the part of the building and they occupy the part of the second floor.

What I have problem with is that they have lady that works in the hostel, cleaning and cooking and probably everything else that there is to do. She is obviously “servant” in the lower cast kind of Indian way which I simply hate. She was sleeping in the hallway on the bed that she makes in the common area on the second floor.

Anyway, hostel at the good location, right behind great mosque, close to transportation and next to excellent restaurants that serve traditional Muslim food. There are two entrances and I was in the area that had two dorms with six beds and some metal lockers inside. Security is very good because this is the place where people live and not only work.

On this side, they have kitchen where “free” breakfast is made. Actually it is total confusion with what is breakfast, how it is served, what you can use… You come to the kitchen and there are people that live there preparing their things and you ask for breakfast and lady shows bread… ok and now what? So I had to ask if there is anything else that I can use at least 10 times… Second day I simply did not bother and just went for good breakfast in the area. Coffee is available, but it is horrible 3 in one nescafe thing. I had to buy my own coffee and make it over there, and of course doing it for everyone in the room. There is nice balcony with the view of the street, where you can possibly chill and read something or check internet if you’d like. Family keeps their stuff on that balcony and I felt like intruding… but it was raining for couple of days and I wanted some air… WiFi is available in whole area and signal is good. Restrooms are ok, but water sporadically work in couple of them and the doors are not closing well.

So, it is just another hostel that I would like to forget and choose some other place next time, but it is not horrible and if you are stuck in the area it is good option.

Check Singapore Hotel Deals