Fawlty Towers

Check Livingstone Hotel Deals

Fawlty Towers Livingstone Reviews

kpva33 kpva33
A cheap alternative to luxury resorts in Livingstone Aug 31, 2010
Fawlty Towers is a great place for those of us who want to travel without the expenses of luxury resorts typically set up in tourist places.

Prices depend on the type of room you have, such as sharing a room of 6 or having your own room. You can pitch a tent in the yard for US$6 per person. There is a swimming pool and quite a bit of lounging space, both indoors and outside. Cats wander freely through the campus but stay out of the rooms. There is free internet access to all and a small bar. Did I mention the US$20 massage? The accommodations are clean and no frills. In the private room you have a mosquito net over the bed.

Mostly, I would say that I was rather impressed with the staff. They were, of course, helpful in their suggestions, but they also went the extra mile. While I was there I didn't realize there was a special parking place for the hostel guests so I had left mine on the street. They had one of their guards stay out with my car the entire night to ensure its safety! I appreciated that they recognized that the car belonged to a traveler who didn't know the area too well and took the extra measure for it. The massage therapist accompanied us to a local show, which was neat that she would take clients out to experience something new.

If you're driving then it's no problem getting to the falls or the border, which are just minutes away. If you have no car, keep in mind it's a little more distance than many of the resorts that are closer- but it's still hardly any hassle, especially with the savings.

Overall, it's a standard hostel- cheap, nothing fancy, plenty of people. But the staff service made it an above average hostel.
Biedjee Biedjee
nice, relaxed and cozy Sep 14, 2009
This lively place just outside the centre of town is an excellent choice to use as a base in Livingstone. Accommodation varies from dorms to basic rooms and it is also possible to pitch a tent in the lawn.

The hostel has a swimming pool, a bar and a simple restaurant (a second, very lively restaurant called Hippos was closed indefinitely). Amenities include free airport transfer, a daily free shuttle to the Victoria Falls and free Internet.

There is also a massage salon on-site.

Breakfast is not included, but the on-site restaurant offers basic sandwiches or a full English breakfast.

The staff is friendly and helpful, and can assist with booking tours or onwards transportation.
swimming pool at Fawlty Towers
our room
KeikoCreative says:
Reminds me of the English comedy series:P
Posted on: Sep 18, 2009