Fawlty Towers Hotel Rome

Check Rome Hotel Deals

Fawlty Towers Hotel Rome Reviews

TheTravelApprentice TheTrave…
Decent Hostel in need of some lockers May 02, 2011
Located very close to Rome’s main train station is great for dropping the backpack and getting out to explore Rome. There’s a lot to see and nobody want to waste time searching for accommodations do they? I didn’t and this is why I chose this hostel…

It’s close to the train station but still around a 20 minute walk to the action downtown and the Colosseum. Normally I’d find this walking distance a problem but I came to Rome to walk around so I really didn’t mind. I always felt safe walking alone and never had any problems day or night around this area.

The kitchen is comfortable and homey with a very nice rooftop terrace outside with tables.

The rooms are very basic as you can see from the photos. If it weren’t for the coloured walls I think this hostel/hotel would be very, very bland but the colour adds just enough character.

There are no lockers in the rooms and I remember worrying about leaving my backpack behind. I had one of those coiled bike locks and managed to lock it to my bed but if you don’t have one I think you’ll just have to leave it behind and hope for the best.

If you have valuables and don’t want to leave them unprotected then the Rome train station can provide a locker located in the lower level for a cost. I believe it’s around 5 euro for the day but I’m not certain. They’re quite large lockers so you could split the cost if needed.

I needed to do laundry while i was here too but no luck, they don't have laundry service so i had to go down the street to a sketchy hole in the wall laundry shop and paid 9 euros for laundry if you can believe that!!

I totally got hosed on that one and that's my fault, not the hostel, but my laundry needed to be done and if there was ever a time i wished my hostel had laundry service it was here...

Fawlty Towers Hotel Rome Overview

Situated in the popular district of Vatican City, the Fawlty Towers Hotel Rome is within walking distance from several Rome attractions.

For the comfort and safety of guests, the Fawlty Towers Hotel Rome offers non-smoking rooms. Wi-fi is available. The hotel's friendly staff will be happy to help you organise tours and activities during your stay in Rome, as well as give restaurant suggestions.

Fawlty Towers Hotel Amenities

• Kitchenette
  • Microwave
  • TV
  • Excursions
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • En suite