Favorite Thai Dishes

Thailand

Favorite Thai Dishes Reviews

magnificent magnific…
While in Thailand Some of The Food That I Enjoyed Oct 28, 2009
Eating Thai food can be healthy and tasty. Take a look at this list to see if any or all appeal to you. If so visit your local Thai restaurant to see if you can find it. If you go to Thailand perhaps take a Thai cooking course or two.

KAO SOI

Great as Vegetarian or with Chicken. This is a delicious curry noodle dish. When I have it for lunch I get vegetarian and for dinner it would be with chicken with an order of spring rolls.

KHAW NEAW MA MAUNG (Sticky Rice with Mango)

Sticky Thai rice, thick coconut milk, palm sugar, and mango put together makes this very tasty treat.

POR PIA TOD (Spring Rolls)

With a few simple ingredients and seasonings you end up with these wonderful treats. Eat them alone or with a sweet chili or plum sauce.

KLUAI BOD CHII (Bananas in Coconut Milk)

This is a simple dessert that compliments many meals or to have alone. It is made with the Thai bananas, coconut milk, and a little sugar.

PAD KRA PROAW

The vegetables in this dish are carrot, baby corn, and onion. The feature ingredients are hot basil and chicken all this along with the seasoning makes a flavorful meal with a nice kick from the chilies.

GANG MASSAMAN (Curry made with Coconut Milk)

I really like this curry dish made with coconut milk, chicken, potato, and the nice taste of tamarind paste.

PAD THAI

There are various version of this popular dish. For me I don't like the peanuts mixed in which many places will do unless you ask them not to. This dish is made with rice noodles, bean sprouts and many wonderful flavors. You can make it vegetarian and many people enjoy it with chicken or shrimps.

KAENG PHED GAI

If you like curry I think you will like this chicken with eggplant red curry dish. There is lemongrass, galangal, kaffir lime rind among the variety of flavors. You can make a vegetarian version. Have this with some brown rice and enjoy.

TOM YAM KUNG

A yummy soup with shrimps, lemongrass, and lots of flavor with the local Kaffir lime leaves highlights this dish. Watch out for the chilies.

KHANOM KROK

These treats were very delicious. A small cake like dessert with a thick coconut cream inside. I first ate them warm but they are great cool too.
Ingredients to mortar curry paste
magnificent says:
Hey Daive, that sounds good, will add to the list
Posted on: Apr 10, 2010
Daive says:
Next time try Yum Pla Dook Foo, fried catfish salad, my fave! :)
Posted on: Apr 10, 2010
magnificent says:
hey there travelbuffamit, I really like this dish too. I took 3 cooking classes while in Chiang Mai and I cooked this dish twice, not because of a lack of choices.
Posted on: Mar 21, 2010