Fausto's Restaurant

337-738-5676

Fausto's Restaurant Kinder Reviews

X_Drive X_Drive
Great Cajun cooking! Apr 19, 2008
I’m sure everyone has heard that good things come in small packages. Well, this is surely one of those things.

The community of Kinder has a population of just over 2,000, and is basically an agricultural based economy. But here in Kinder is this wonderful place to gather, eat and have fun. We happened to be here on a weekend evening just about the time that all the local softball and baseball teams had finished their tournament games and were out to celebrate, so trying to find a table was our first problem. The door leading into Fausto’s is nearly in the center of the front and from there just to the left is where you order your food. You pay for it then and go find a table either farther left in the large dining room there or at the right at the nearly as large dining room on that side of the restaurant. Or you can order to go. When your order is ready a young person comes out of the kitchen, yells your name over the noise of the crowd, and waits a few seconds before trying the other dining room. If you raise your hand or whistle and they see you, they bring your order and place it in front of you with a big smile and a thank you, then scurry off to do it all over again. You fill your own drinks, sodas, tea, or coffee yourself and can refill as many times as you’d like.

Most foods are fried or deep fried, but however they were cooked they were all good. I had my first chance to order Alligator, which was deep fried, and it was very good. My wife helped me eat the large portion. We also had ordered a plate of chicken strip which were good but not as good as the Alligator. We ordered baked potato and cole slaw with our meal.

This is good stuff, and if I lived anywhere close by I would do as it looks like most people around Kinder do, eat there often!
Hummingbird Hummingb…
Super Food, Super fun! Oct 16, 2008
Getting the chance to try something new has always excited me. So when the owner at our motel in Kinder suggested this restaurant in town I was all for it. In such a small community this place is really the place where everyone meets. And they serve local Cajun style foods, mostly fried or deep fried. We went for the alligator and chicken strips. We also ordered baked potato and cold slaw. It was our first time eating alligator and we really enjoyed it. The night we were there all of the local softball teams had just finished a tournament and the line was pretty long and it was rather noisy, but the food was great and the place was fun. Oh, and cheap too!

Check Kinder Hotel Deals